Contributor

Re: LET DO A POLL HERE! 30.74%APR on QVC statement! WHAT THE HECK!!!?? INSANE!!

@BalletBabe   Amen! Amen to that!!!!!  I can not wait!!!!! ;-) 

its time to pay "ourselves" back!!!  Heart

Honored Contributor

I pay my total due each month in full. I WILL NOT pay interest ever!  They could change 100% interest and I could care less...I never have to pay it. 

Contributor

@Mombo1   What a GREAT feeling that must be !! Congratulations!!! Keep going youre doing great! I wanna be able to say I paid at least 1 off.  I learned long ago to slow the impulse buying but there still is room for improvement and this year Im being alot more mindful....well I didnt wait for the year to start I started prior to even Fall time. So its a start but boy it will take time.  

Im trying to rid alot of clothing now some with tags...makes me sick! No more!  Time to pay ourselves not them 

Honored Contributor

@mommytwins wrote:

I can not wait to be in those shoes one day! hard lesson learned thats for sure and I've been doing rather well last year and a half. Still....so easy to goof but no more!  I want freedom and liberation of no debt and yes unless I can pay in full end of month -- thats my goal ;-) 

Good for you!

@mommytwins 

With this recession, we just don't know how much it is going to cost us to even eat, so the less baggage the better!!

Contributor

@sunshine45   Thank you I didnt realize that I dont think?  I normally do easy pays but I hop online to edit the payment on over to my lower interest rate credit union card and sometimes just decide to pay for couple items completely before next statement comes in mail.  

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Why do all of you think they push their CC card so hard??   I would bet they have lost a lot.  I like others closed mine years ago.  Most have offers with cash back.  QVC's gives you nothing.  Get rid of your cards ladies.  

It is NOT their credit card!  Synchrony bank is the lender NOT QVC !

I have Synchrony w/ HSN, Lowes and other sites.  Never had a problem.

QVC does NOT sell life sustaining items, nor does HSN>

Running a balance on WANTS, not NEEDS is on my head. Not theirs.

No one holds a gun to my head to purchase.

QVC pushes the Q card so much because they collect on every cent Synchrony gets in interest. 

Respected Contributor

That is ridiculous.  I thought there were usury laws out there.  I do remember that department store credit cards were always a higher interest rate than the standard visa or mastercard, but more like 12%, not 30%.

That being said, once I paid off all my credit cards, I only charge as much as I can afford to pay monthly, so my interest rate is 0%.  I have saved a lot of money by doing that.

Honored Contributor

I have been on the Q since the mid 90's but didn't get a Q card until I started selling on eBay in 03.  It allowed me to buy things I felt I could re-sell and it did.    But I never over-used it but I did use it.  Then about 15 years ago DH and I decided to make a huge move across country and I decided to pay off Q's card and I've never missed it.  I'm actually surprised but I really don't miss it and I bought some things that were for me or our house.  So I was like many of you and paid off the credit card quite some time ago.  Can't quite remember what the interest rate was but I remember at the time that I thought it was too high.  I had a couple of other cards and paid them off as well so we moved across the country with one major card for each of us and all other cards paid off and gone!  Can't tell you how wonderful that feels.....  Woman Very Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Why do all of you think they push their CC card so hard??   I would bet they have lost a lot.  I like others closed mine years ago.  Most have offers with cash back.  QVC's gives you nothing.  Get rid of your cards ladies.  

@BalletBabe 

i am hoping that is changing!

over the holidays i got free shipping for about a month on any TSVs i purchased from QVC when i used my QCARD to purchase.

the first week of january they had a $10 off of a $75+ beauty purchase when using the QCARD.

@sunshine45   That is still not enough for me.  My cards give me a lot more then that.  If your happy with it that is great.  I closed mine about 7 years ago and never want one again.

@BalletBabe 

if i am getting $10 off of a $75+ order, my other cards are NOT going to give me "a lot more than that" for a $75 purchase. often not even the $3.99 fee for shipping if i use another card for mileage or points or cash. i dont carry balances on my QCARD so that instant savings works for me.

the other benefit for me is i am a frequent QVC customer and i like having all of my purchases on one card so that i can easily track purchases, easy payments, and returns.

@sunshine45  Keep your card then, and I will use mine that giive me 1% to 5% back on all purchases. 

Esteemed Contributor

😲WOW!!! I am afraid to look at my HSN CC statement!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖