Valued Contributor

Re: LET DO A POLL HERE! 30.74%APR on QVC statement! WHAT THE HECK!!!?? INSANE!!

Pay your CCs off every month

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is off the charts.  I would not have a CC with an interest rate that high even though I pay my balance off several times a month.  No way will I patronize crooks like that.  

My CC is 12% and I think that is too high.  Again, I pay my card off so I never have a balance at the end of the month.  

Trusted Contributor

mommytwins .... First...Sorry but I'm unable to make paragraphs...heart posts or change my font to larger ... If you can't pay this Q-Card in full each month, please transfer to a much lower card ASAP !!!! This card was over 29% FIVE years ago when l had it !!! At first l was able to pay it in full each month...then l bought more things for Christmas gifts...putting them on easy pay...then l found myself not able to pay the bill in full. When l received the next bill l finally looked at the interest rate and l was shocked at how high it was! Finally after about 6 months l said I've had it with them! I had good credit. I called Synchrony and asked if l could get the interest lowered. They wouldn't lower it and l said something like... If you won't lower it I'll be transferring to a 0% credit card for a year. She said if you do that you'll never be able to get another card from us again! I remember laughing out loud and telling her I'm not worried about that...Byeeeeee!!!! I have 2 Visa cards from my credit union. One is 8.9% interest a month and the other one is 10% interest. I pay the 8.9% card in full every month and the higher % card l usually pay about half of the bill a month. Most credit cards now are very high...close to 30%. I used to receive 0% interest offers all the time in the mail but no longer! Please google for "0% interest rate offers." Let me know how you make out !!!
Trusted Contributor

@mommytwins ... I just wrote to you but l forgot to add the @ so...just letting you know!
Honored Contributor

I have a Synchrony card but not a QVC one.  That card is at 27.4%.  My Lowes card is also managed by Synchrony.  Store cards are known to have the highest rates in the industry.  

I haven't been following it since I pay my balance off every month.  I did get a notice from my Credit Union that their rate was going up.  

I consider credit cards "other people's money".  As long as you pay off your balance every month, you're just using OPM.  However, as soon as you don't pay off your balance and start paying interest, that's your money.  So, if you thought you were getting a deal on whatever it is you bought, maybe not so much once you start paying interest since that just adds to the price you paid for the item.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like some one said, the Mafia might have cheaper rates.  However, there is this: if you don't pay the full amount when they visit you and demand payment, they do break your kneecaps.  Hopefully, if that happens, you have good medical insurance.   Now, there's a real rip-off.

Respected Contributor

Both my QCard and Macy's have similar APR's. Doesn't bother me because I don't carry a balance. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a QVC card, but no idea what the interest rate is, but I assume it is high like everybody else. Doesnt matter, as I pay the balance in full each month.  However, I would not dream of carrying a balance on such a high interest rate card on purchases at the Q, as I deem most if not all purchases as non essentials, and as most would say on frivolous spending.  

We all have to decide what is best, and how to handle CCs, be it Q's or from other entity. 

Trusted Contributor

I have NO idea what the APR is on ANY of my credit cards. I have NEVER paid interest. I pay the TOTAL balance every month.

Honored Contributor

Don't use ez pay.

Pay your balance in full every month.

Don't pay interest to anyone.