Trusted Contributor

Kudos to Vendors, QVC, and Lisa/other hosts for supporting a great cause!

Mind you, I'm not slow to complain, so I thought it would be nice to give credit.

P.S. If you don't want to buy anything, or maybe could only afford a small donation, you can click on the ovarian research logo and just make a small donation.

Have a great day everyone! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Re: Kudos to Vendors, QVC, and Lisa/other hosts for supporting a great cause!

Yes, I second your complement! Lucky to have bought the Alex and Ani bracelet before it sold out. Hope this event exceeds goals and expectations. Love, power and prayers to those affected by this disease.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I'm kind of split on the whole Super Saturday experience. On one hand, I agree with the OP. Kudos to QVC for highlighting the cause and raising money. On the other hand, they've had all year to plan this. As with any location shoot, there are bound to be some errors, but some of today's bloops could have been easily prevented. For example, Lisa R. took a break so that we could hear from vendor Lisa Rinna. She tells us to tune in at 2:10 to get a chance to buy the animal print dress she's wearing. At that time, it's after 3:30 and they've already told us the dress is sold out. Then they go back to Lisa who tells us that footage was obviously pre-recorded and they just wanted us to see Lisa Rinna's interview. Personally, I'd rather that they spent that time showing us a product that's still available for purchase. Or, they could've done a live interview with Lisa Rinna or a pre-recorded interview that didn't focus on the animal print dress. I would've also liked to have seen different co-hosts. I think Lisa did fine, but I think they could've done better than the guy with the sweaty shirt and Courtney. Finally, the products available for Super Saturday fundraising really weren't that tempting. Surely, they could've come up with some variety and more products. I will continue to make donations to our local ovarian research fundraisers since there wasn't anything on the Q to tempt me this year.

Esteemed Contributor

I accidently fell to sleep...I had wanted to watch and had tuned it on the T.V.....missed the entire two hours....I did check the Recently on Air items and looks like it was mostly beauty stuff...of which I never purchase...never use....sounds like there was some confusion according to wildcat....wasn't it entirely live like in the past??? Were there crowds...

Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 wildcat fan said:

I'm kind of split on the whole Super Saturday experience. On one hand, I agree with the OP. Kudos to QVC for highlighting the cause and raising money. On the other hand, they've had all year to plan this. As with any location shoot, there are bound to be some errors, but some of today's bloops could have been easily prevented. For example, Lisa R. took a break so that we could hear from vendor Lisa Rinna. She tells us to tune in at 2:10 to get a chance to buy the animal print dress she's wearing. At that time, it's after 3:30 and they've already told us the dress is sold out. Then they go back to Lisa who tells us that footage was obviously pre-recorded and they just wanted us to see Lisa Rinna's interview. Personally, I'd rather that they spent that time showing us a product that's still available for purchase. Or, they could've done a live interview with Lisa Rinna or a pre-recorded interview that didn't focus on the animal print dress. I would've also liked to have seen different co-hosts. I think Lisa did fine, but I think they could've done better than the guy with the sweaty shirt and Courtney. Finally, the products available for Super Saturday fundraising really weren't that tempting. Surely, they could've come up with some variety and more products. I will continue to make donations to our local ovarian research fundraisers since there wasn't anything on the Q to tempt me this year.

ITA. Wish there were a better variety.

Honored Contributor

Kudos to be sure because the effort was worthwhile and the cause very worthy. Still, QVC seems increasingly to be embracing mediocrity, so it isn't surprising their events are increasingly falling flat. As noted, a worthy cause, so I found something to buy, but many of the products impressed me as possibly being inventory that wasn't selling well anyway, so even at a reduced price, QVC probably realized some income, the charity got a cash infusion and the vendors likely got some kind of tax write-off. Everybody wins, but the array wasn't precisely stellar or inspiring and the event, on-air anyway, was essentially pretty boring.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It is a great way to raise money and awareness for a cause. I do think it was a pretty lackluster show this year. The choices seemed skimpy and I also thought the Lisa Donna cut in segment should have been live. Courtney seemed kind of lost but she looked pretty. I am in a great mood and this is my opinion.

Super Contributor

Yes, thank you to all who support this cause and put on a fun event! I enjoyed watching and hope one day to be able to afford a ticket to the actual event and shop under the tent! I compliment the vendors for donating and ask that everyone remember that every business is asked to donate to many, many causes throughout the year and can't give to everything or give as much as we all feel they should. If you go on Alex and Ani's website, you'll see numerous events they participate in so while we all hoped they bring in thousands ( and maybe they did, who knows), I am grateful for the items they did donate. Maybe the overall selection wasn't as good as in years past but it is still a worthwhile event that hopefully raised much money for a truly worthy cause.
Honored Contributor

This Super Saturday is a huge charity event. I know if you're out of the area that the only way you can really participate is through QVC's segment, but it's unusual for the event not to pull in millions, several of them from QVC's sales and several more from the attendees.

I did tune in for a few minutes yesterday - more to see what Lisa was wearing to cope with being windblown under that tent than to shop, but while I did watch 3 or 4 items, things were selling out fairly quickly. That bodes well for the charity and I hope when the results are posted, we'll see a good total.

nycgirl is right - the vendors do contribute to many causes as do the locals and those who summer in the Hamptons. I'm always pleased to see that those who have been successful in our society live well AND generously give to causes in which they believe. Not all of us have billions to give a la Gates and Buffet, but lots of us can and do give according to our own wallets. That's all good and I'm glad QVC continues to support this annual fair.

Honored Contributor

An awful lot of what sold out yesterday though appears to be back today... I do hope they were able to garner significant donations, but it also appears some folks might have gotten caught up in the frenzy, only to then question later whether the items they were buying were really items they wanted...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...