Honored Contributor

I complain about the terrible job the stylists do for the hosts and models.

So, I want to say what a great job stylist Ed did on the Kim Gravel show with Jane T. last night.  All the clothes on everyone fit well and the outfits looked great together.  He did an especially great job with model Mishonda when showing the buffalo plaid shirt.  Jane T looked good also, except she insists on wearing regular length jeans and tucking the legs under.  She said thats what she likes.

KUDO'S TO YOU ED!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I was watching a late show but can’t remember which but tthey called out Ed as the stylist. I thought everyone looked especially good too.Ed you nailed it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kudos to QVC stylist Ed

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I complain about the terrible job the stylists do for the hosts and models.

So, I want to say what a great job stylist Ed did on the Kim Gravel show with Jane T. last night.  All the clothes on everyone fit well and the outfits looked great together.  He did an especially great job with model Mishonda when showing the buffalo plaid shirt.  Jane T looked good also, except she insists on wearing regular length jeans and tucking the legs under.  She said thats what she likes.

KUDO'S TO YOU ED!

@Imaoldhippie 

I take it you think Jane should wear petites? Here's the thing though, when your hips/rear end and upper thighs is where you carry extra weight as with her sometimes the rise (crotch to waist) in petite pants doesn't accommodate all it needs to accommodate without being pinchy and uncomfortable so it feels way better wearing regular length and then just tuck them under or have them hemmed. I know this because I'm short but my hips are wide in proportion to my waist so petite's can sometimes be wickedly uncomfortable where you don't want them to be that way and you can't wait to get out of them. I found that to be the case with a couple of pairs of Isaac's petite jeans that I bought a couple of years back. So it depends on the brand. 

I'm happy to hear this stylist Ed is on the job because that other one (Angelo?) seems to dress Jane to emphasize her problem area. 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  how do you find out who the stylist is for a particular show?  there is one poor model who the stylist insists on squeezing and pouring into pants that are embarrassingly small.  i feel so bad for her every time i see her.  i wonder if it's a particular stylist?  i just thought that it was an across the board policy or something.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl .......I only know that Jane has woren petites before.  Other than that I have no knowledge.  I did not mean to come off as though I did.  Sorry.

Kim called Ed out last evening but he did not appear on camera so dont know if he was not around or camera shy.

I have only seen 2 other stylists that were called on stage during a show and I dont remember their names.

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy ........they only way I know of is if vendor or host mentions their name and/or brings them out on stage.

Kim called Ed out last evening but he did not come on stage.  So I only got his name.

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@Imaoldhippie  how do you find out who the stylist is for a particular show?  there is one poor model who the stylist insists on squeezing and pouring into pants that are embarrassingly small.  i feel so bad for her every time i see her.  i wonder if it's a particular stylist?  i just thought that it was an across the board policy or something.  

@fancy pantsy 

I'm not Imaoldhippie (though I could be) but hope you don't mind if I stick my nose in and tell you that Jane has introduced Angelo on air and I've also heard her and a couple of other hosts mention his name a few times. I'm 99.9% sure I have his name correct. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@shaggygirl .......I only know that Jane has woren petites before.  Other than that I have no knowledge.  I did not mean to come off as though I did.  Sorry.

Kim called Ed out last evening but he did not appear on camera so dont know if he was not around or camera shy.

I have only seen 2 other stylists that were called on stage during a show and I dont remember their names.

@Imaoldhippie 

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for! :-)

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl thank you!  and now that you mention it, i HAVE heard jane mention Angelo in the past!   (and i generally LOVE the way jane is dressed) 

i will have to pay closer attention ... and now that i think about it, i am pretty sure that when i see this particular model being poorly styled, it is always on a D & C show.