Respected Contributor

Re: Kristine Zell still hosting

Never was a fan of KZ. I haven't been watching QVC lately, but caught a late night presentation, with some new host. I was wondering if Kourtney ? with the dark hair, is still there? 

Honored Contributor

Not  a fan.

Respected Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

Never was a fan of KZ. I haven't been watching QVC lately, but caught a late night presentation, with some new host. I was wondering if Kourtney ? with the dark hair, is still there? 

Yes, she's still there too.  Both of them make me want to change the channel.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't watch her on the overnight shows because she kept interrupting the vendors with personal stories or "styling tips". I know I can "wear it with a pencil skirt, dress it up or down", etc. I want to hear  the features of the item being presented. Too often, the vendor never finished, & they were out of time.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

Yes, she's still there too.  Both of them make me want to change the channel.

Me too!

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 @MarthaStewardess  I changed the channel awhile & haven't watched, until 1 night this wk. I changed it again, very quickly, lol.. I simply feel watching is a total waste of time. Almost ALL the hosts get on my last nerve.I occasionally check "items recently on air", but their increase in prices, has me doing less & less checking. I can't believe I used to keep QVC on almost constantly.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know one new host from another, BUT yesterday I watched QF on Q2 with KZ as the presenter.  I actually didn't catch her name until the end of the hour.  However, she did a very good job describing the items and pacing the show.  She gave Patrick plenty of time to talk when he needed to, didn't cut him off at any point and responded to what he said which proved she was listening to his descriptions.  She has a good sense of style and a calm and pleasant way with her presentations.  I don't think she's like Kirsten at all.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Kristine has gotten better since her very early days.  No longer making so many obvious mistakes and not correcting herself, just smiling with that beauty pageant smile to get over any uncomfortableness.

But I saw her with Patrick in a Quacker Factory show yesterday.  My interpretation of her show was very different.  I’m afraid she has taken on the habit of interjecting every statement about the item with her own personal or family story.  It’s fine when the host can do that to keep the conversation light and applicable.  But Kristine was doing it for nearly every single statement Patrick would make.  It seemed even he got a little frustrated but played it off well.  Her husband, kids, college, hometown, vacation, mom, favorite restaurant, beach vacations, etc.  All of that came up multiple times.  Tiring.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I don't want anyone wishing me a blessed day on TV or in person,

@jackthebear   This does seem to be a more common expression now especially here in the South. It’s not really offensive, but rather presumptuous that I’m a religious person or should be. 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have a feeling Kristine is very religious and is trying to work that into her persona on air. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I know people didn't like when Kirstin wore that big cross and was blessing people all over the place. I haven't heard her Evangelizing in quite some time.LOL That being said, I like Kristine and think she looks great with the new hairdo. IMO KZ is a good host and not full of herself at this point, hopefully she'll stay as sweet and generous as she is to the vendors, models and customers.

@blackhole99  Good Morning. Religion is a taboo subject here on the boards. I don’t appreciate any “in your face” religious overtones or undertones.