Occasional Visitor
Watched QVC last night @ 12am. Carolyn mentioned the old mixer was from 1939 & is on loan from The Kitchenaid museum that is in Chicago. Fast forward to ITKWD he says it's Tina's personal mixer(from the past) then another time it is a 1953 model. I'm confused./ please keep the stories straight. / i own several kitchenaid mixers, live 20 miles from the plant in Grenville, ohio, so i love all the history on everything kitchenaid. GREAT PRODUCT!
Honored Contributor

I had QVC on in background while showering and dressing.  I heard bits and pieces through several hosts.

I also heard different things.  I heard the guy call in and said he had one JUST like the old one on QVC and got it at a yard sale and paid $3 for it.

I don't remember who (I think it was Mary...but don't quote me) someone said, (paraphrasing), "Now it's not this one that's that old, it's the ????".   (I thought that was what she said.  She pointed to either the grinder (which looked like it had been around when dinosaurs roamed the earth) or the mixer....don't know which.

Honored Contributor

I think the grinder was original and 100 years old.  Not sure about the mixer where it was attached.     KA sure has a beautiful color selection.

Honored Contributor

I am so in love with the coral one and the light pink one too. But I would get the champaign color if I were to buy one--I have a 5qt that I bought at Tar-get for $169, 20 years ago that is just fine. Also have a few of the attachments too. And just a few weeks ago, AMZ had a flash sale on a 6 qt Artisan mixer for $250 !!!!! OMG I almost bought it---but my basic one works like new so I resisted.