Valued Contributor

Kitchen Aid TSV (Feb) now "Big Deal on Q2" better deal response

[ Edited ]

I actuallyordered the cookbook the day after I received the mixer but never received it.

I can tell you one thing.  This is NOT the mixer from years ago.  My mother had one and it was different, sturdier and better than this one.  I guess they have to make changes to certain products to be able to sell them at lower prices?  I understand that, I just wish they would mention that in the presentations.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid TSV (Feb) now "Big Deal on Q2" better deal response

I'm not at all unhappy with my newer Kitchen Aid, but being older, I have one of the original Hobart mixers, and it's more like the proverbial tank.  Different sound from the motor, etc.  I am not into appliance manufacture, but that Hobart has lasted for decades and no doubt will still be around for a good while to come.  All the extras fit into it just as they do the new model.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi

This is the exact topic (subject line)I posted the other day .... although you deleted the part ...grrr😤.  

I would appreciate you changing the subject line in your post as I do not want moderator (Beth) to think I resurrected my original post under different title.  I had asked her to remove or close it.   My issue has been resolved by Beth-qvc.

Thank you

Valued Contributor

I actually posted it the same day however, after doing my own research on QVC's website, I realized that your post was inaccurate, so I had to delete mine.

I came back to post an afterthought in reference to the cookbook etc.  I sure hope that's ok with you and if not, apologies.

I'm sure Beth can figure things out and if she has an issue with it, I have no doubt she'll let me know. 

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

What is a Hobart mixer?

Super Contributor

@LilMadi

When people refer to a Hobart mixer, they are talking about the older/vintage KitchenAid mixers that were produced by the Hobart Corporation.  KitchenAid is now owned by Whirlpool, according to to Wikipedia.  I get the sense that people feel the original Hobart mixers were/are a higher quality product than the current KA mixers

Valued Contributor

Thank you SO much!  Never knew that.....