Regular Contributor

Kim Gravelle Top very similar to a Quacker Factory top

1. Was watching Kim Gravelled yesterday + they presented a shirt that was so similar to the Quacker Factory mini rib T-shirt w/ the tiny sequins. The host + KG ooohed+ aaaahed over this shirt saying there was nothing like it. Really? 
  2. The material was modal instead on mini rib. OK that was different than QF
  3. .came in 2 colors vs the variety you have in QF. OK that's different than QF
  4. It was long sleeve vs 3/4 sleeve. OK that's different than QF
  5. The sequins were the same size and maybe came down a bit farther. OK a bit different than QF but similar
  6. They were ombred. OK a bit different but similar to QF. The way they went on + on about this it was quite frankly laughable.
Respected Contributor

Re: Kim Gravelle Top very similar to a Quacker Factory top

The designers are looking for the sweet spot, the design that appeals to the most people, trendy but not too edgy, and any hot design trend. Cold shoulders, high-low hems, bell sleeves, tunics with trims, etc. get beat to death till the next must-have comes along. It starts to look homogeneous after awhile. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Q designers are all doing the same trendy styles these days...can't tell one from another.....i pass on most of them.... i remember when the Q's designers were a bit more unique to their brand....not so much now....same old

same old

Respected Contributor

Yes, they are passing around the box of sparkle and the pattern book. Thank goodness the huge flower print has not been adopted by everyone. I don’t understand the allure of a huge flower smack dab on the bosom or the booty.

Honored Contributor

I notice the “cross-over” with many of the Q designers, too. For me personally it all comes down to fit. Some designers fit my body shape better than others, so I know which ones to buy from & which ones to refrain from buying. Belle clothing for me is hit or miss. I recently bought a Belle blouse that fit PERFECTLY, but her pants just aren’t built for my body. They are too low waisted. I have 2 pair of her jeggings that I sooo want to love but every time I wear them, I am CONSTANTLY having to pull them up. I still love watching her shows, though! ❤️❤️

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I notice the “cross-over” with many of the Q designers, too. For me personally it all comes down to fit. Some designers fit my body shape better than others, so I know which ones to buy from & which ones to refrain from buying. Belle clothing for me is hit or miss. I recently bought a Belle blouse that fit PERFECTLY, but her pants just aren’t built for my body. They are too low waisted. I have 2 pair of her jeggings that I sooo want to love but every time I wear them, I am CONSTANTLY having to pull them up. I still love watching her shows, though! ❤️❤️

I agree with sticking with the clothing lines that I know fit. It’s too expensive to return something. I enjoy Kim too until she pulls out the self-help/quote book. Instant mute.

Honored Contributor

My feelings are that the Kim Gravelle line is going to replace the Quacker factory line in due time.  The two lines are similar....  I think the Quacker Factory image has dimmed over the years.....  Kim’s line offers the same age demographic clothes....with a bit more  style.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

My feelings are that the Kim Gravelle line is going to replace the Quacker factory line in due time.  The two lines are similar....  I think the Quacker Factory image has dimmed over the years.....  Kim’s line offers the same age demographic clothes....with a bit more  style.

Good point I think Kim is becoming popular not with me , I don’t buy that down home up with women schtick , although her makeup looks interesting 

QF will be around for awhile but not forever I think 

I

Respected Contributor

I can't wear her clothing.  I have tried pants and tops.  The much beloved stretch jeans she sells are an odd fit for me.  The back rise is too short and the waist is too big.  I have tried two different sizes and they just don't work.  Her tops run small and the muscle circumference on the sleeves are almost always too tight.  I wear a size large and just haven't hit on any of her items that fit me.  I do love her and love to watch her shows.  She is a hoot.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I agree with sticking with the clothing lines that I know fit. It’s too expensive to return something. I enjoy Kim too until she pulls out the self-help/quote book. Instant mute.

me too,  wonder if that's really her or something Q wants her to do.