Honored Contributor

I like Kim and the clothes I have bought so far have been well made and excellent.  I have a lot of respect for her and what she says about size, God, love, etc.

Last evenings show, a mom called in and told Kim that her daughter loves Kim and her clothes and that her daughter was bullied last year in school.  Kims response was wonderful and I truly hope the phone people got that ladies phone number so she can send the daughter a gift as she said she would.  In my eyes my respect for Kim just went up another notch.

Hopefully love and respect can make a come back in our country with beginnings like this.

PEACE!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

That is so nice, sounds like Kim's heart is in the right place. Bullying is the worst.  My husband and I both had periods where we were bullied in school.  Many decades later the experience still hurts.  So damaging to a young person's self esteem.  I hope this girl gets some help to get her through this difficult period. It passes but when you are that young it is hard to believe it ever will.  I trust that Kim will follow through on her kind gesture and it will mean so much to the caller. I know Kim can seem a bit over the top to some but I enjoy her and her fashions.

Esteemed Contributor

When my daughter was in grammer school she was bullied because she was so much smaller then the other children her age due to her heart operations, she took the bullying to another level she told her bullies that its mean to make fun of other people and to grow up! Since then my daughter made the bullies her friends, she is in high school now and is very popular and these days she is feeling better and has gotten a clean bill of health every year from her heart doctors. Who said she would not live beyond the age of two [she turned 16 last October] She told me you have to stand up to your bullies and teach them a lesson. And she did. 

Honored Contributor

@apple1964................what a smart brave daughter you have I wish her the best in everything.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

It is so refreshing to see someone who says size dosen't matter.  Most women are 14 or larger and instead of embracing that, so many look down on larger size women.

At Qvc there is several host who love to flaunt their sizes and when they come on I turn it off.

We are all created in different sizes and heights.  It will be a better place if we all rtemember that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@apple1964................what a smart brave daughter you have I wish her the best in everything.

I thank you so much... It is amazing how she had to deal with it. The parents of the bullies were no help at all.. kids will be kids they said.

Regular Contributor

I like her & her energy. Her clothes are on trend but the "cold shoulder" style  is not for me. I love her jackets. They look great.

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 I think your daughter is amazing and I am sure that you raised her to be that way.I believe that you can’t be bullied if you don’t allow it but you have to stand up for yourself and stay strong.My son had a few trying times in his school days but he just didn’t let them get to him.He told me that he chose to feel badly for them because they must have problems to behave that way.We moved to the USA when he was 14 and ended up in a small community with one high school that most of the kids knew each other from kindergarten.The neighbors (also new)told me that the school was very klicky and that their two boys graduated there without making any friends.I suggested to my son that I would pick him up at lunch for the first couple of weeks until he made a friend so that he wouldn’t have to sit alone.He told me no...how was he going to make friends if he wasn’t there to try.I have to say that before the week was over he had many people stopping by.Some stayed as friends,some didn’t but he was always busy.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie@I like Kim too.I think her heart is bigger than life and I believe she will send that ladies daughter some nice th8ngs and there will be a message.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@apple1964 I think your daughter is amazing and I am sure that you raised her to be that way.I believe that you can’t be bullied if you don’t allow it but you have to stand up for yourself and stay strong.My son had a few trying times in his school days but he just didn’t let them get to him.He told me that he chose to feel badly for them because they must have problems to behave that way.We moved to the USA when he was 14 and ended up in a small community with one high school that most of the kids knew each other from kindergarten.The neighbors (also new)told me that the school was very klicky and that their two boys graduated there without making any friends.I suggested to my son that I would pick him up at lunch for the first couple of weeks until he made a friend so that he wouldn’t have to sit alone.He told me no...how was he going to make friends if he wasn’t there to try.I have to say that before the week was over he had many people stopping by.Some stayed as friends,some didn’t but he was always busy.

I thank you very much. Your son sounds amazing  with very good insight as well. Have a good day.