Valued Contributor

Can't watch and haven't since I saw her walk a size large model to the mirror and preach something about accepting our worth, at any size.  Is she still doing this?  

Respected Contributor

The poster that called her the Paula Deen of fashion summed her up perfectly for me.  Can't stand to listen to either one.

Valued Contributor

Kim Gravel seems like a very caring person.  She tries to inspire and encourage people as she sells her wares.  She has some nice clothing items, too.

Honored Contributor

I'm from the Midwest.  I really am impressed with how friendly the southern women are.  They seem to have a great sense of humor. It's a proven fact that laughter is not only good for the soul but also  contributes greatly to your physical health.  I'd go have lunch with Kim any day of the week.  I just know it would be a blast and a day I would never forget!!

Respected Contributor

@Lapdog   Laurie Greiner also reminds me of Hyacinth! She, too, tries to "French-ify" her last name by putting the accent on the second syllable (gre-NEER).  But since it's spelled with an "E" before the "I" (g-r-E-I-n-e-r), the pronunciation is "GRINE-er."  For her name to be prounced "gre-NEER," it would have to be spelled "g-r-e-N-I-e-r (the French term for "attic"), which is pronounced "gren-YAY," but which most of us here in America would probably pronounce gre-NEER.  It's an affectation, but to each her own...

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  I am from the Northeast, and I love the southern states and the southern people.

I have never run into southern women who talk and act like Paula and Kim. They must be a rare breed and from my experience that’s not how typical southern women talk and behave.

The southern women I see are more like Lisa Mason or Valerie Parr Hill, but I guess it takes all kinds.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@jubilant  I am from the Northeast, and I love the southern states and the southern people.

I have never run into southern women who talk and act like Paula and Kim. They must be a rare breed and from my experience that’s not how typical southern women talk and behave.

The southern women I see are more like Lisa Mason or Valerie Parr Hill, but I guess it takes all kinds.

*************  I actually met my first southern women when my daughter and her family moved to N. Carolina.  They lived there for probably around 5 yrs.  I was so impressed by her neighbors and friends she had made.  She still keeps in touch with some of them till this day.  Yes, some of them were like Valerie and Lisa....but like all other women anywhere in this great country... I met a couple of them who were of a different personality.  I don't care where you go....each of us...no matter how jolly or how tranquil or how reserved we are..... have something we bring to the table.  I haven't watched Kim very much but the couple of times I did, I thought she was funny and seemed to care about other women.

Trusted Contributor

I myself do not need her pep talks but I feel some people might.  She is funny! Woman Wink