Respected Contributor
I echo all who get annoyed by this. And yes, most all hosts do it with some being worse than others. The host will go on and on with story, etc. and when finally turns it over to vendor to explain the product, the vendor barely gets a few words out when host interrupts with number sold, how "these are going quickly, so better get on phone now" etc . Let the vendor talk!
Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel and host

[ Edited ]

@spursfan2 wrote:
Kim and Courtney are really good together and I looked forward to watching them on Saturdays. Now that its Rachel and Kim I tune out. I go to the program guide and "items from the show" to see if there's anything I want to buy.

@kelsey17 

The Kim and Courtney pair is a change the channel pair for me.....Courtney hijacks the show and takes it off tract talking about vacation plans, fav songs and other things, and acts silly, about the only product info is the colors...I liked when Kim hosted the show by herself and her friend Amy, was on social media, and we actually got to hear all about the clothing...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@mosky wrote:

The host was Rachel,who talked non stop about everything except the product.I really think she thought we were warching the Rachel  show. Please pair Kim with a host that can share the attention.I want real information about the product,not to watch a host tell personal stories!I turned it off after trying to watch.

@moskyRachel was just awful.  I watched a couple of minutes and in that time, she was acting silly and jumping up and down.  She acts so desperate for sales!  Changed the channel.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@spursfan2 wrote:
Kim and Courtney are really good together and I looked forward to watching them on Saturdays. Now that its Rachel and Kim I tune out. I go to the program guide and "items from the show" to see if there's anything I want to buy.

@kelsey17 

The Kim and Courtney pair is a change the channel pair for me.....Courtney hijacks the show and takes it off tract talking about vacation plans, fav songs and other things, and acts silly, about the only product info is the colors...I liked when Kim hosted the show by herself and her friend Amy, was on social media, and we actually got to hear all about the clothing...

@Spurt - YES! I like Kim and the fun and the fun she brings to her shows  But there aren't many hosts I enjoy her with because of their "grandstanding." 

When she first started at QVC she and her BFF Amy Goins did the Saturday night show by themselves. That was my favorite. We got lots of information, and it was still fun! The two of them are fine; we don't need anyone else!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@mosky wrote:

The host was Rachel,who talked non stop about everything except the product.I really think she thought we were warching the Rachel  show. Please pair Kim with a host that can share the attention.I want real information about the product,not to watch a host tell personal stories!I turned it off after trying to watch.

@moskyRachel was just awful.  I watched a couple of minutes and in that time, she was acting silly and jumping up and down.  She acts so desperate for sales!  Changed the channel.

Desperate is a good word -  but not just for sales.  I wrote her off years ago, back when she did the morning show chat with Pat and Jane.  Except, she wasn't happy with staying with the computer, but insinuated herself into the sales - going so far as to deliberately stand in front of Pat to get in the shot.  Since then, I've seen her begging Isaac to give her a nickname because so many other hosts had one from him and wanted a combined name a la Garolyn with Gary Gobin (sp). Now, I just read how she had to walk onto set when Jane and Rick were selling a pie.  She may be a perfectly nice person, but she gives me the impression of someone who is trying soooo hard to make you think she's one of the cool, popular kids, but she's just not.

Respected Contributor

I find that the hosts on HSN are so much more professional.  They talk about the product, do not talk about their personal lives or do silly antics, stupid dances, constantly look into the cameras at themselves, constantly talk non-stop over the vendors, etc.  They act like adults which I find lacking on the Q.  I have been a customer since day 1 and can only take the older hosts, i.e., Carolyn, Mary Beth, Leah, Jane Brown, Pat,  Vanessa and  Ali Carr who are relatively new but wonderful hosts. 

Super Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel and host

[ Edited ]

I agree with you!  The younger hosts need much more time in much more training!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@spursfan2 wrote:

@kelsey17 

@Spurt - YES! I like Kim and the fun and the fun she brings to her shows  But there aren't many hosts I enjoy her with because of their "grandstanding." 

When she first started at QVC she and her BFF Amy Goins did the Saturday night show by themselves. That was my favorite. We got lots of information, and it was still fun! The two of them are fine; we don't need anyone else!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

A lot of people like Courtney as a host.  I don't see it.  I think she is the worst.  Instead of showing the clothes she stands right in front of them.  Also, instead of showing each item she just points to it and says this is red, this is blue, this is black, etc. kind of like a kindergarten teacher teaching colors instead of showing items.  

Esteemed Contributor
I miss Courtney with Kim Saturday evenings