Super Contributor

Poor Kim Gravel...can't get a word in with Sunday morning host.  I would like to hear what Kim has to say, myself

Esteemed Contributor

QVC must promote the Hosts to eat up 90% of the air time talking as most shows are contant dispalys of Hosts doing so. It doesn't matter who the Host is. The other day I was watching some prerecorded food show of a new coffee vendor who had low acid coffee. There were 2 Hosts  who cut the vendor off constantly then said we are out of time .

I think the Hosts are paid by how many words  they speak in a given hour.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they are instructed to keep talking... it seems they all do it.  

Respected Contributor
I believe they talk so much because they have a producer in their ear constantly telling them what to say. How many times has a host said my producer wants me to tell you there are only 500 shirts left in the color yellow.
Honored Contributor

Who was the host?  I don't understand why the host would cut off the vendor when talking about a product.  Who knows the product better than the vendor?  

Honored Contributor

Then there are vendors like Isaac and Susan who constantly run over the hosts and interrupt.

I think Kim can hold her own.  I'm not worried about her being taken advantage of.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The host was Rachel,who talked non stop about everything except the product.I really think she thought we were warching the Rachel  show. Please pair Kim with a host that can share the attention.I want real information about the product,not to watch a host tell personal stories!I turned it off after trying to watch.

Valued Contributor
Kim and Courtney are really good together and I looked forward to watching them on Saturdays. Now that its Rachel and Kim I tune out. I go to the program guide and "items from the show" to see if there's anything I want to buy.
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Who was the host?  I don't understand why the host would cut off the vendor when talking about a product.  Who knows the product better than the vendor?  

Unfortunately,  the hosts often cut off the vendor ....its funny they sometimes ask the vendor to explain the product......and then after the vendor starts to tell about the product...the host interrupts and speaks over them...

and not because they are taking up air time...etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
Kim and Courtney are really good together and I looked forward to watching them on Saturdays. Now that its Rachel and Kim I tune out. I go to the program guide and "items from the show" to see if there's anything I want to buy.

Its funny.....everyone has their favorites.....i can't take Courtney and Kim.....Courtney gets too silly at times and often gets distracted from the product....i do like MaryBeth,

Mary, Pat, even Carolyn much better.  But i understand...can't watch  IM with JC......so got it.