Honored Contributor

Re: Kiffle ordered from the Q--- just amazing!

[ Edited ]

I make them a few times a year.  My filling of choice is walnuts.  

They always go fast and are delicious.

They are made with a yeast dough and take a lot of time to roll out, cut, fill and assemble.  A complicated recipe for a beginner.

I have seen them being sold at Costco around the Christmas holidays filled with many fruit flavor and even chocolate

There is also a sour cream dough version that are very easy to make.  They are stuffed with those cans of Solo fruit filling available at the grocery store.  They melt in your mouth.  This is the type that is sold on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I make them a few times a year.  My filling of choice is walnuts.  

They always go fast and are delicious.

They are made with a yeast dough and take a lot of time to roll out, cut, fill and assemble.  A complicated recipe for a beginner.

I have seen them being sold at Costco around the Christmas holidays filled with many fruit flavor and even chocolate.

Yeast is not an ingredient in the recipes that I have used. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418  My Mother never used a yeast dough either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418    You  probably make the cream cheese dough versions.

My MIL was born and raised in Eastern Europe and boy  could she bake.  She made both the cream cheese and the yeast versions.  

I just looked at the yeast recipe..that one uses cream cheese too and yeast.

981A59FB-4ABD-4D81-BA4D-D460F97DE7BD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

If you search Kiffle on the website you'll see the video that goes into all the details.

But this is part of the product description from the site:

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.10.36 PM.png

They are SO yummy and not overly sweet.

Even the prune flavor was amazing!

@SXMGirl 

@JasoninBoston , thank you for sharing. These look wonderful. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

arent those handwritten recipes wonderful? such great things to pass down to our daughters and sons. old family recipes that are traditions.

@JasoninBoston 

thanks for the recommendation. there are some excellent food items on qvc and i am always interested in finding more to try. have never heard of kiffle before.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl 

I've made a similar style cookie "klotches" (sp) a polish friend of mine made these delicious cookies all the time.  The dough uses cream cheese as a base.  I've filled them with apricot, raspberry, strawberry, lecvar (prune) and almond.  Mine never seemed to look like hers but they sure were good!

These cookies look machine done : due to exact filling & rolling of each one.  

Of course, I couldn't have them in my house -- they are "light" as a feather and I know they wouldn't last long😋😋

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston 

and everyone else.....

Don't even bother thinking you can freeze them so you won't eat too many at once....they are JUST as good icy cold as they are room temperature!

There is  just NO way to eat just one....and they are 1000x better than that potato chip that says that!

I ordered them during their debut and have not been able to stop ordering.

I actually order direct mostly because we really love the nut ones.  Not that the others aren't good, but I prefer to get my order ALL in my favorites.  The website lets you customize.  Their other bakery items I haven't tried, but they look wonderful.

I have been giving these as gifts for a long time now.  I don't think anyone can dislike these Kiffles!

If you sign up for email, they will send you specials.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Carmie 

arent those handwritten recipes wonderful? such great things to pass down to our daughters and sons. old family recipes that are traditions.

@JasoninBoston 

thanks for the recommendation. there are some excellent food items on qvc and i am always interested in finding more to try. have never heard of kiffle before.

To me finding special things that you wouldn't find otherwise, is what I really enjoy about the Q!

The Enstroms items are another find that I am so happy I discovered!

@sunshine45 

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Carmie 

@JasoninBoston 

To me finding special things that you wouldn't find otherwise, is what I really enjoy about the Q!

The Enstroms items are another find that I am so happy I discovered!

@sunshine45 

OH NO!  Not the Enstroms!  LOL  I have another 2 buckets on their way (AD)

Kiffles and Enstroms are two of my best food finds on Q ever!

I may never make it to CO, but the toffee will make its way to me!

(sign, my waistline wishes I never found either!)