Honored Contributor

Re: Kerstin is Leaving QVC for Three Months

With the drug cartel kidnapping people left and right, , I sure would not take my children. Sounds like a real stupid idea to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I've known several people to do short term missionary, or medical support roles. For most, they felt it was the most fulfilling journey of their life.

However, I can't think of a single person, I've known, who took children with them. This could be a valuable education for the youngsters, but there are risks in challenging environments. Hate to be a Debbie downer, but Mexico is high on the risk scale.

I hope the site Kerstin and family will be working has some security measures. I wish them safety, spiritual enrichment and a lifetime of cherished memories to bring home. They'll be in my prayers.

@BlueFinch  I thought of that also but they will be protected.

Now I will look at the Hosts Page to see who she is. I'm impressed.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains religious content.

Trusted Contributor

@Stray wrote:
She is a nutritionist I believe so that skill would be used in a medical capacity

She is not a nutritionist.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1, there is always grunt work to be done.

Laundry, cleaning, cooking, serving, assist feeding those unable to feed themselves, assist those unable to clean themselves. If language isn't an issue you read, talk, or just spend time with someone needing comfort. Those are service areas not requiring a medical background.

Honored Contributor

Does she speak Spanish? Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

What an admirable thing to do. He called and her family answered. God bless their work.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 

@Etoile308 wrote:

@PhilaLady1, there is always grunt work to be done.

Laundry, cleaning, cooking, serving, assist feeding those unable to feed themselves, assist those unable to clean themselves. If language isn't an issue you read, talk, or just spend time with someone needing comfort. Those are service areas not requiring a medical background.

Thank you so much for explaining.   

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

With the drug cartel kidnapping people left and right, , I sure would not take my children. Sounds like a real stupid idea to me.

I agree.  I can't think of anyplace in Central America that's particularly safe right now, especially Mexico, and especially for North Americans. Last year 16 American missionaries were kidnapped in Haiti; the kidnappers were after ransom money,of course.

Regular Contributor

To each their own. But pulling kids out of their routine & this will be a drastic change I don't agree with. Does her husband work? What about his job? And she has pets? And 

a lot can happen in 3 months. How secure is her QVC job? Whose gonna take care of her house? It's nice to want to help people. But come to reality.