Respected Contributor

With most hosts mentioning the failure to be able to honor orders, it must be a very difficult time for them to remain upbeat. I can only imagine how hard it is for them to promise delivery by Christmas knowing it's not probable.

I've only seen two different hosts on since yesterday but I'm sure their losses at Rocky Mount are weighing heavily on them, as well. I hope they can all find some peace during the holidays.

I vow to try and not be catty, during the holiday season and through the year. 

Trusted Contributor

They'll survive.  I'm more concerned about the one person who lost his life and pray his family can find some peace during this holiday season.  That's the real tragedy.  

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

They'll survive.  I'm more concerned about the one person who lost his life and pray his family can find some peace during this holiday season.  That's the real tragedy.  

You are correct. It was not my intention to say that's the only tragedy, just making an observation.

Honored Contributor

Title misread.....When I saw Keeping Up Appearances, I thought of the Brit comedy series that I love.  Yes, sorrow over the fire and the lost life is devastating...especially for family, friends, and colleagues.

Trusted Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

You are correct. It was not my intention to say that's the only tragedy, just making an observation.

I know you were only making the observation and my comment was more directed at QVC.  In the face of tragegy, how will this company respond?  We'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

I am concerned about any loss of life, jobs impact to the community and hope the facility is rebuilt.  My heart aches for the people impacted by the tornadoes who lost their lives, their children, relatives and everything but the clothes on their back.  

Add the Covid Omicron strain and rising prices, I am doing my best to get into a festive frame of mind. I will be with family and not alone this year and I am so looking forward to that.  

These boards lift my spirits and I appreciate the kind people who share and support each other. I wish all a Happy Holiday Season and Pray for a better year to come. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I can't remember who was on yesterday, but they made sure to make the comment that orders would not be delivered by Christmas. Normally, we are inundated with comments and graphics about guaranteed Christmas delivery.

I was watching a FB post from Keirsten (sp) and she was very emotional about the fire, and the families that have been affected. 

Respected Contributor

Hosts gotta walk a tightrope...

Concern and information about the fire and possible delayed delivery, and not scaring customers to go to some others site to buy so they can get thier stuff.

Can't take much more bad news.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Title misread.....When I saw Keeping Up Appearances, I thought of the Brit comedy series that I love.  Yes, sorrow over the fire and the lost life is devastating...especially for family, friends, and colleagues.

Me too!! I loved that show, and miss it so much. All the British comedys were so good. I wish PBS would bring them back. Yes, I lost my husband day after Xmas, taking down decorations was horrible for me, I never decorated again, just have lots of Valerie on one end of my table now. Not a happy time for a lot of people.

Respected Contributor

@HLP  That is really difficult and I can understand not wanting to decorate much. My neighbor in her early 60s  lost her husband last year at Christmas time to Covid. I think of her so often lately. I sent her a card to tell her that. He got sick around Thanksgiving and a month later gone. No big wreath on their garage any more. 

BTW Wisconsin PBS still shows Keeping Up Appearances Sat. followed by As Time Goes By. Another one I have watched is Open All Hours. Gotta love Brit Box.

I don't have family so am alone but try to make it a little special with some different foods or treats. I did alot volunteer work this month to keep busy.