Respected Contributor

I remember this too. He sold decorative items.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I don't remember any of the shoes. Do miss Dave King. Met him once on one of the Road Shows. Great guy!

I have not heard anything about Kwanzaa for a long time, anywhere. Nothing in stores or in the press.

Honored Contributor

The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release December 26, 2014

Statement from the President and the First Lady on Kwanzaa

Michelle and I extend our warmest wishes to those celebrating Kwanzaa this holiday season. Today begins a celebration highlighting the rich African American heritage and culture through the seven principles of Kwanzaa—unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith. During this season, families come together to reflect on blessings of the past year and look forward to the promises in the year ahead. As we remain committed to building a country that provides opportunity for all, this time of year reminds us that there is much to be thankful for.

As families around the world unite to light the Kinara today, our family extends our prayers and best wishes during this holiday season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor
On 1/3/2015 Kachina624 said: Nope, don't remember and didn't hear a word about Kwanzaa this year from anywhere.

I live in So Cal, and there has been a Kwanzaa parade for the past several years. Much to-do was made in the local media that this year, they gave the parade and no one came. The parade route was empty of watchers. It kind of shocked the media. I saw/heard no other mention, either.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I wonder why Kwanzaa is declining. They need promotion from someone commercial like Hallmark (the patron saint of holidays).

Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 ValuSkr said:

I wonder why Kwanzaa is declining. They need promotion from someone commercial like Hallmark (the patron saint of holidays).

Just my opinion, but it's very difficult to create a widely celebrated holiday from scratch, as it were, and get large numbers of people to embrace and practice it. One person "created" the holiday in 1965. Less than 2% of a polled population stated they celebrate it. Reading the Wikipedia article in full might give other insights.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I remember the TV mentioning Kwanzaa along with Christmas and Hannakah - at one time it was very popular. Now that I think about it - there where no mentions of any of the three Holidays. The only place the Holidays are celebrated in public is at the Malls !