Occasional Contributor

Where is Katy? 

Honored Contributor

@ma42. Do you mean Katie McGee?  She hasn’t gone anywhere.  She does a lot of shows on Q2, and is also Jill Bauer’s new social media host in Jill’s weekly You’re Home With Jill Show on Q2. 

Valued Contributor

I always thought she did an outstanding job on the main Q channel on their Monday and Friday Morning Show, fashion edition.  Miss her there...

Honored Contributor

What a mistake to move Katie and regulating her to be Jill's social media person too SMH.....I can think of a lot of other hosts that need to take up residence there....

I think people confuse her with Mary Nelson --they do look somewhat a like...and some people dont like Mary's voice....and complain about Katie when its actually Mary's voice they dont like....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Katie has a lot a shows scheduled, but all on Q2.

Honored Contributor

IMHO, there’s too much of a “shake-up” moving hosts between the 3 channels, the better ones going to secondary channels. Host’s for shows like PM Style changed and Inspired Style deleted...enjoyed that one. Wake Up Beautiful is a great idea, but same stale products. 

Instead of playing musical shows and hosts, Q needs to concentrate on variation of vendors & presentations. If the same makeup, skincare and clothing are shown, it really doesn’t matter where the show is moved to or who’s hosting...I’m bored.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Katie has a lot a shows scheduled, but all on Q2.

@Johnnyeager

The problem is a lot of cable companies and folks don't get Q2 and some customers dont want to watch from the website on a phone, tablet or laptop....so smaller audiance, therefore, smaller sales for that host....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

Yes and I am one of them.  I cannot stand her Mary's voice.  That uptalking is annoying.

Honored Contributor

I get the other two channels, but seldom watch.  Seems they are often a rerun.  I do enjoy the beauty channel sometime, but again they are repeats and the item you are seeing  may no  longer be at that price, etc.   I like the hosts there.  I didn't think Courtney Cason did well on the main channel, but I do like her on the beauty channel.  It is more informal and works well for her.