Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Just wondering with all her background, etc,,  what makes you take a new position selling clothes on t.v. not saying job is not good but would appear to be less 'glamorous' than what she has been used to.  Maybe quieter life?

I know her background, and I do wonder how long she might stay at the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Just wondering with all her background, etc,,  what makes you take a new position selling clothes on t.v. not saying job is not good but would appear to be less 'glamorous' than what she has been used to.  Maybe quieter life?

Unlike other hosts she is doing shows that have real themes and guests, in addition to doing the regular stuff.  She might enjoy the editorial aspects she is undertaking, unlike the hard sell ways of most other hosts (here are the colors, this color is selling out...).  It may open her to a real TV show opportunity.  

I think her prior TV work was sporadic (I never saw it), and the magazine business is bad.  At QVC, I would guess, she receives a regular decent income, and a home base.  

She behaves as if she likes the work in her 2 regular shows, the Szish List and Upgrade your Look.  That second show is real hard work, because in Q2, the host does all the jobs.  I noticed they gave her a second camera, which they don't have in other shows I have flipped through (never sat for an entire show), so Q may be treating her "right".

Trusted Contributor

Her style of speaking and presenting is a little less "folksy," which some may see as snobbery.  (I understood that comment.).

I like her because she IS different, is knowledgeable, and I learn things from her.  (She's not picking her toes or telling us how she doesn't shower, a la Shawn, for example.).   I'm a pretty casual dresser, so when she shows me how to take something from work to evening, for example, I am fascinated!  

Valued Contributor
The magazine business is bad, now. It was thriving at one time. And as far as her TV "work" being "sporadic", that's laughable, at best. You might want to google her name. And read, in length, her bio, her accomplishments and accolades. Maybe just start with her college education, months in Tokyo and work your way up, from GQ, Vogue, CNN, the red carpet interviews. Grammy's. Oscars. Her bio is far too extensive to repeat here.