Regular Contributor

I'm sorry, but why would anyone who got into Harvard end of working for QVC as a show host??? Sorry, I'm not a big fan.

Honored Contributor

@DasMEM2 wrote:

I'm sorry, but why would anyone who got into Harvard end of working for QVC as a show host??? Sorry, I'm not a big fan.

Think of all the fashion magazines that have gone out of  business and with it jobs for writers and stylists.... As well as brick and mortar retailers that are struggling or have gone out of business with the emergence of Amazon more jobs in the fashion industry lost....(clothing buyers, retail management positions etc etc.)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Katrina's parents live in PA; she wanted to be close to them.  And her husband works in Philadelphia.  So, working at QVC makes sense to me.

Valued Contributor
She's probably been on the fast track for a good part of her life. NYC, to LA., and then some. Magazines, Red Carpets, She's lived. Maybe she wants to slow down. And as previously stated, come home and be near family. She's stated many times of her love for the beach. Smart woman.
Esteemed Contributor

Personally I do not like this host.  Too much name dropping, like she's above the rest of the host.  I turn the channel off when she's the host.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the Q has special "plans" for Katrina. She's never been thrown into the "usual" host jobs. She's far above that. I think Katrina is what the Q has been looking for and thought it was Jill Martin. I don't know what her "job" is, but she's a changer.

Even if Katrina just "shows" these fashion hosts how a professional should handle herself, would be worth it to the Q.  It would stop all this crazy, loud hysterical laughing and nonsense that passes for fashion selling. 

Whatever they're paying Katrina, she's well worth it as the whole package. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    You hit the nail on the head with this. 

It's like she has her own plan and is mostly focused on making her job fun with minimal research and effort on her part, while QVC's plans are to sell products...

Qurate management needs to wake up and smell the flowers.  They're far from fragrant right now.  Many serious problems. 

@Kachina624 

QVC benefited with people at home and watching TV more due to quarantines and the pandemic, but with things opening up it will be interesting to watch to see if they go back to their pre-pandemic days with losses in revenue and sales...Qurate Execs seem clueless in so many decisions........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”