Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

When he's on QVC, Isaac often acts and looks so goofy, it's hard to take him seriously as a designer.  I'd hate to see Katrina seriously disillusioned and unable to relate to that silliness. 

@Kachina624   The host sets the mood for the show. Silly host and the guests sometimes get giggly, too. Maybe Katrina would set a calm tone for Isaac and others. 

@Shanus 

Yep, instead of a novella fantasy we might actually hear more about the garment and styling....and you would think being paired with Leah should be somewhat of a hint....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It bugs me that a shopping channel would hire some to cover fashion or makeup that have no previous experience except being a TV newscaster, etc. Katrina, I think, is the only host with a fashion/editorial background. 

Most of the other hosts are just making it up as they go along...adding filler giggling and non-essential babbling to fill the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Katrina and Isaac M

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

It bugs me that a shopping channel would hire some to cover fashion or makeup that have no previous experience except being a TV newscaster, etc. Katrina, I think, is the only host with a fashion/editorial background. 

Most of the other hosts are just making it up as they go along...adding filler giggling and non-essential babbling to fill the time.

@Shanus 

They look for that broadcasting experience and the demographic that they are trying to draw in and dream of.....(the "busy mom" or "young career professional")....But they need to learn who their customer actually is, their niche is the 45 ish on up......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

Broadcasting experience and the demographic that they are trying to draw in and dream of.....(the "busy mom" or "young career professional")....But they need to learn who their customer actually is, their niche is the 45 ish on up......

@Spurt   We also are more savvy buyers than they assume. We do our research on fabics, makeup brands and ingredients. We're not pushovers and most don't like to be entertained instead of given the proper info. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

Broadcasting experience and the demographic that they are trying to draw in and dream of.....(the "busy mom" or "young career professional")....But they need to learn who their customer actually is, their niche is the 45 ish on up......

@Spurt   We also are more savvy buyers than they assume. We do our research on fabics, makeup brands and ingredients. We're not pushovers and most don't like to be entertained instead of given the proper info. 

@Shanus 

That's the thing with us "tenured shoppers" we do our research and compare prices....

JMHO a Shopping Channel isn't my first choice for entertainment.... but maybe that's just me....😉 

Honored Contributor

Changing subjects a bit: I watched Katrina do the Accents by Affinity. She was thorough and quite descriptive of the items. She's relaxed and poised. 

It's a screaming shame that the PTB never read these threads/forums.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    I miss LR more than I like any one the remaining hosts from that era or any of the new hosts and/or designers.

Without naming names -  I know my preferences are different from those of many -  I currently have my own mental list of both hosts and designers that I do not follow at all.   

Since I always have bought 99+% of my clothes locally, QVC isn't losing all that much from me.  Between new skincare orders and AD refills, along with EZP posts, QVC gets a coin every month.

Valued Contributor
GQ, Vogue, InStyle. Harvard grad, with honors. The Q has a gem, I sincerely hope they realize it. The overly bronzed, giggling is old. And certainly not appealing.
Highlighted
Contributor
I can’t say I mind Shawn all that much. I don’t watch the beauty shows but I often like the way she styles and wears items in her fashion shows. Sometimes it’s nice to see ideas that push me to try new things.

Re: demographic, I’m in my late 40s and a career mom and I really wish I had discovered QVC sooner! I didn’t know how to dress and just shopped for whatever I could afford that fit me at the department store. I’ve learned so much from the Q hosts, guests and especially seeing models of all shapes and sizes. I feel the Q has helped me find my true style and tastes, better late than never! And seeing a savvy host like Katrina helps new viewers confirm the Q is no joke.
Honored Contributor

Re: Katrina and Isaac M

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@Kachina624    I miss LR more than I like any one the remaining hosts from that era or any of the new hosts and/or designers.

Without naming names -  I know my preferences are different from those of many -  I currently have my own mental list of both hosts and designers that I do not follow at all.   

Since I always have bought 99+% of my clothes locally, QVC isn't losing all that much from me.  Between new skincare orders and AD refills, along with EZP posts, QVC gets a coin every month.

I didnt mind LR, but I think towards the end you could tell she was getting bored with her QVC gig....I thought her Christmas decorating shows from her home were a nice change of pace for her and viewers but apparently she decided to move on.....  

My purchases in QVC's clothing lines have declined for many reasons---the inconsistent sizing, and there's been some decline in quality, also I dont care for a lot of their same ole styles--I hate high/low hems, peplum styles, along with all their long sleeves and sweaters which just dont fit in with Texas summers---- so I rarely purchase fashion from QVC anymore---too many returns, and the $11 return fee/try me fee is pricey (the cost of the return label, plus loss on original shipping)....But there are still other QVC vendors I continue to buy products from and have been happy with my purchases...so I continue to watch and buy, but not as much lately.....