Valued Contributor
Would love to see IM paired with Katrina. Would be a great show about fashion and style no doubt. I'm pretty sure we'll never see Katrina filing her feet and plucking hairs, unless she's selling that product at the moment, and it's part of the item. I hope she gets a FNI spot, or a complete redo of FNI.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When he's on QVC, Isaac often acts and looks so goofy, it's hard to take him seriously as a designer.  I'd hate to see Katrina seriously disillusioned and unable to relate to that silliness. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Katrina and Isaac M

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

When he's on QVC, Isaac often acts and looks so goofy, it's hard to take him seriously as a designer.  I'd hate to see Katrina seriously disillusioned and unable to relate to that silliness. 

@Kachina624   The host sets the mood for the show. Silly host and the guests sometimes get giggly, too. Maybe Katrina would set a calm tone for Isaac and others. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Yes, she need to raise him to her level, not lower herself to his.  Maybe he'll realize who he's dealing with and be professional. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am very fond of Katrina.  I remember reading an Instagram post of hers a few years ago and people were complimenting her.  Her father-in-law commented that she (Katrina) was beautiful inside and out.  I thought that comment was very telling. It says something about her character.  I always enjoy her shows because she is authentic!

Trusted Contributor

@J woww 

I enjoy Katrina as a host as well.  She speaks well, doesn't shout or use the over-selling lingo like so many others. (flying out the door, very popular, last order of the year....)

Years ago, when Isaac still owned his line, I enjoyed him more.

Now, as a salesperson for the brand, he seems bored and

sleepwalking through the presentations with the same tired phrases.

I still like the fashion presentations, but I mute the talking, or I

check the items online.

I have three fashion items arriving in a few sdays, so I am still

a QVC shopper,

Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight  That's a sweet story about Katrina.  I hadn't heard that before.  She comes across as being genuine and also very sweet.  

Contributor
Thank you for sharing that @Stellabystarlight Smiley Happy
Contributor
@susan in California - agree, I have many IML pieces I love (memorably his soft-inside Soho hoodie from a couple years ago that I have in every color and got many friends and family into!) …, but there’s SO MUCH of it now, the good things are very hard to find. Maybe he needs a new capsule collection like Belle Beach.

Here’s a funny thing - the newest Isaac item I get tons of compliments and “where’d you get that” right now is the Tie Dye Hooded Sweatshirt (it’s just a very muted tie dye) in the pink. But I only discovered that item because I saw Mary wearing it on a garden show.

https://www.qvc.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Live%21-Tie-Dye-Hooded-Sweatshirt.product.A392883.html?sc=SRCH
Honored Contributor

Re: Katrina and Isaac M

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    I bet they have regular meeting, the subject being "what to do with Shawn".  They've paired her with everyone but the night watchman and have tried every gimmick in the book.  Nothing has worked.  She just doesn't seem to fit with what they want to achieve.  There is such a thing as being too quirky. 

@Kachina624 

It's like she has her own plan and is mostly focused on making her job fun with minimal research and effort on her part, while QVC's plans are to sell products...

Sales have been down in the categories that she sells (and this has been going on for several years way before the pandemic--in a press conference Greg Maffei-President of Qurates parent company, Liberty Interactive, didnt sound happy that some apparel brands underperformed--maybe it's the show host!)....That should give the Q Execs a hint maybe its time to try something new....I like the host to show personality, but there's something about taking it a bit too far, and what irks me is not being prepared with product details. I dont care about a fantasy stories or the tired same ole one line sales gimmicks, I want to know about sizing and fit, fabrication, and is the fabric lightweight, heavy, styling suggestions would be nice...etc etc....And for products other than clothes---what can it do, and what isn't it meant for, this is what I want to know!!!---THEN insert a little bit of fun, thats what Katrina and Leah do.  But when I hear a host tell the vendor, "if you dont have the information on the product, we're in trouble"--it tells viewers the host is unprepared... that doesnt sit well with me....Woman Frustrated  And there's another host change I would like to see on the Monday Fashion's Night In too...

I hear Leah talk about how she calls the vendors ahead of time to learn about their products.....and it shows in her presentations and in her sell outs too, thats why AM Style is so popular....I wonder if the odd host pairing on Tuesdays

was done as a bit of a teaching tool....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”