Regular Contributor

@Teddixat  Just my opinion, that's the way I see it🤷🏼‍♀️

New Contributor

So sorry that Katie Mc Gee has left QVC, I did like her. Did not see an announcement re: her departure. JC is one of my least favorite hosts, I find her to be boring.

Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

Nothing of interest on TV....(my NBA Spurs are losing)....flipping channels...decor show on Q2....it's Kristine Zell as host...not a fan...but I put up with it....  She continuously interrupted the vendor and wouldn't let her finish a sentence, and it wasn't due to updates in quantities either, of course she had to include the "kid stories"...and the "plat de résistance" was when they were talking about the BL Spring Light strands in green, and although she admitted she was Irish she didnt even know when St. Patrick's Day was..she thought perhaps it was March 15th.🙄  That was it for me...grabbed my remote....  Where is Katie McGee when we need her-I MISS YOU KATIE!!! 

With QVC planning to add "baby products" it seems they want to have the "busy mom" hosts around....despite presentations that are lacking...CORRECTION-it appears baby products will be part of the new digital line....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Nothing of interest on TV....(my NBA Spurs are losing)....flipping channels...decor show on Q2....it's Kristine Zell as host...not a fan...but I put up with it....  She continuously interrupted the vendor and wouldn't let her finish a sentence, and it wasn't due to updates in quantities either, of course she had to include the "kid stories"...and the "plat de résistance" was when they were talking about the BL Spring Light strands in green, and although she admitted she was Irish she didnt even know when St. Patrick's Day was....🙄  That was it for me...grabbed my remote....  Where is Katie McGee when we need her-I MISS YOU KATIE!!! 

With QVC planning to add "baby products" it seems they want to have the "busy mom" hosts around....despite presentations that are lacking...

@Spurt, she seriously said she doesn't know when St. Patrick's day is?

I wonder if she knows what day of the week Easter Sunday is?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Nothing of interest on TV....(my NBA Spurs are losing)....flipping channels...decor show on Q2....it's Kristine Zell as host...not a fan...but I put up with it....  She continuously interrupted the vendor and wouldn't let her finish a sentence, and it wasn't due to updates in quantities either, of course she had to include the "kid stories"...and the "plat de résistance" was when they were talking about the BL Spring Light strands in green, and although she admitted she was Irish she didnt even know when St. Patrick's Day was....🙄  That was it for me...grabbed my remote....  Where is Katie McGee when we need her-I MISS YOU KATIE!!! 

With QVC planning to add "baby products" it seems they want to have the "busy mom" hosts around....despite presentations that are lacking...

@Spurt, she seriously said she doesn't know when St. Patrick's day is?

I wonder if she knows what day of the week Easter Sunday is?

@Lipstickdiva 

LOL maybe she needs to get a calendar with holidays

Yes, she stumbled and said she wasn't sure of the date and thought it was March 15th...and then admitted she was Irish....☘️ Woman LOL  And the vendor corrected her and said the 17th....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sand Dee wrote:

So sorry that Katie Mc Gee has left QVC, I did like her. Did not see an announcement re: her departure. JC is one of my least favorite hosts, I find her to be boring.

@Sand Dee  - Are you talking about Jennifer Coffee or Julia Cleary being boring?

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  ...... I had not heard that QVC was adding "baby products". As for the "busy moms". Are there that many "moms" or "dads" home during the day? Or is that was is going to be presented constantly on the week-end? Or are they planning on moving some of the "regular" shows around. Be interesting to see. Another program for JT.

Trusted Contributor

I have a feeling QVC over hired in different departments and is trimming the numbers. If they show re-runs at night then they would not need hosts, camera people, etc. during those hours. That is also the only reason I can understand as to needing two (2) or three (3) hosts on some programs. If this is what is happening do not be surprised if more hosts "disappear". Awful lot of money for two (2) hosts on one program. If the sales decrease during those presentations something has to give.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Spurt  ...... I had not heard that QVC was adding "baby products". As for the "busy moms". Are there that many "moms" or "dads" home during the day? Or is that was is going to be presented constantly on the week-end? Or are they planning on moving some of the "regular" shows around. Be interesting to see. Another program for JT.

@Sheila P-Burg 

Oh, I stand corrected it looks like the baby products will be just a digital new line.......

Here's what Mike George said....

Qurate Retail is investing in an expanded digital store, adding 180 new digital-only brands across HSN and QVC over the past few months and entering new categories, such as baby, outdoor and tabletop. Year-to-date, the company has hired over 25 people to help drive this effort. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard that Mary Nelson had left - I saw the FB post about her illness but didn't realize she wasn't on - considering she had all of those cooking shows - it made me wonder why. I liked her as a host - far better than some of the people who are still hosting that I won't bother to watch.