Esteemed Contributor
Katie McGee is gone??? That is sad. I like her. Very professional and sincere
Trusted Contributor

I was looking at "Meet The Host". There doesn't seem to be a lot of diversity in the hosts. There are 27 females and only 4 men. Approximately 23 females appear young with only 1 young male. If QVC is rotating and/or eliminating host they might want to review their hiring practice and determine exactly what type of host is needed in order to not only keep the consumers they have but to draw back consumers that have left and to bring new consumers in.

I did have one question. When I pull up "Meet The Host" the first host shown is Amy and then Antonella. After those two is Alberti and the rest of the host in alphabetical order. I was wondering why Any and Antonella were not in proper alphabetical order?

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I was looking at "Meet The Host". There doesn't seem to be a lot of diversity in the hosts. There are 27 females and only 4 men. Approximately 23 females appear young with only 1 young male. If QVC is rotating and/or eliminating host they might want to review their hiring practice and determine exactly what type of host is needed in order to not only keep the consumers they have but to draw back consumers that have left and to bring new consumers in.

I did have one question. When I pull up "Meet The Host" the first host shown is Amy and then Antonella. After those two is Alberti and the rest of the host in alphabetical order. I was wondering why Any and Antonella were not in proper alphabetical order?

@Sheila P-Burg 

Read birdmama's post, "MEET THE HOST" QUESTION....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

Wow, they removed Katie's picture from the host list overnight. 

Katie and Mary Nelson were my two favorite hosts. They were both pros on the air and so pleasant to watch. They presented the products so well.

I noticed the beautiful good-bye that Mary Beth Roe left for Katie on her FB page. It's clear MBR was not happy with Katie leaving.

Well, I will definitely watch less and thus, buy less. There are now only a few hosts I enjoy watching and most I can't tolerate. 

Katie was one of the best and was a pro from the beginning.  We could understand her, she presented the products well with no silliness and  screaming.  Sorry she is gone from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor
@Daysdee. I don’t do FB but I think Mary Beth Roe being the sweet person she is was being just that. Whether she’s happy with Katie’s decision we will never know. I for one am very sad even though they had relegated her to QVC and I didn’t see her much, I really liked her. There was nothing phony about her and she never interrupted the vendors. She also loved animals. Good luck to you Katie. I wish good fortune to you and yours in the future
Esteemed Contributor
If Kerstin leaves it will be a day to celebrate
Occasional Contributor

I do not believe Katie declided to leave.  She left abrutly and feel she was blindsided by this.  There was no final show for her to say good bye if she decided to leave.  I won't be watching the Q hardly anymore.  She was my favorite as a genuine caring person.

Trusted Contributor

• @Spurt  ..... Found the post. Strange how those 2 names were moved out of order. Makes you wonder why.
Contributor

I agree with you wholeheartedly!!  Katie was sweet, kind, considerate, polite and not trying to sell HERSELF, just the products she was promoting on air.  She was always so kind to her vendors and NEVER interupted them, and let them describe their products.  I get so upset with Carolyn Gracie.  She knows it all, and barely lets her vendors get a word in edgewise.   Katie, I have always loved and admired you as a host, and would watch most of your shows, but I am getting sick of the NEW QVC.  It is geared to the younger and RICHER people, not the way the founder of QVC intended it.  I enjoyed my years with QVC, but not anymore.  I wish Katie would give us a way to keep in touch with her on Facebook.  BEST REGARDS TO KATIE AND NORMAN and her hubby and kitty. <3  

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
If Kerstin leaves it will be a day to celebrate

--------------

And I would watch many more QVC shows!!