Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Katie was relegated to very small appearances on Q2. She barely was ever on while newer hosts like Terri Conn and Katrina Zsish have much more airtime. Katie sales must be underwhelming. Unfortunately that was Cathy Ps downfall. It's a dollara and cents biz. A reason LR was a phenom at the Q she sold hours out they had no product left.

@JONNYSBRO 

They gave Katie TIRED old products that had been presented over and over and over and didnt sell....on a second rate channel that few viewers even get and in an absolute AWFUL time slot!!!  

BTW where are Lisa's GUMBY JEANS that she was so fond of wearing.....she should be selling those to her tribe🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Katie was relegated to very small appearances on Q2. She barely was ever on while newer hosts like Terri Conn and Katrina Zsish have much more airtime. Katie sales must be underwhelming. Unfortunately that was Cathy Ps downfall. It's a dollara and cents biz. A reason LR was a phenom at the Q she sold hours out they had no product left.

nah and her last name is spelled Szish.

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Katie McGee was a nice girl but she lacked sales.Thats how amazing LR was a mentor she got u to sell yourself on tv. The early shawn days was LRs muse. She was so kitschy fun fashion..shawn did really well with Lisa's guidance. Sometimes u need a mentor to give u that guidance. I wish Katie the best I just dont think she was host material but a nice girl though.

Can you share the sales figures for the hosts? Also.do you call men "boys?"

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor
SPURT... Very well said in reference to LR and her little ol' Facebook page! ✔️✔️
Respected Contributor
Sorry to read Katie is leaving, always enjoyed her although saw her less and less when they assigned her exclusive to Q2. I wish her the best with her next chapter. Not the Q it once was ...
Super Contributor

Wow, they removed Katie's picture from the host list overnight. 

Katie and Mary Nelson were my two favorite hosts. They were both pros on the air and so pleasant to watch. They presented the products so well.

I noticed the beautiful good-bye that Mary Beth Roe left for Katie on her FB page. It's clear MBR was not happy with Katie leaving.

Well, I will definitely watch less and thus, buy less. There are now only a few hosts I enjoy watching and most I can't tolerate. 

Trusted Contributor

I am sure it was a bottom line decision to let her go.  They have Courtney K., Katrina S., and Ali C. as the apparent long-term hires.  Terri C. is being given more air-time on the main channel.  The rest of them?  Who knows?  

Valued Contributor

I think MBR trained Katie.

Respected Contributor
Another poster is correct- MBR did train Katie and mentored her. It’s amazing that a former CBS NY Polished journalist as Katie, wasn’t able to make it at the Q , but yet they’ve kept new hosts that don’t even hold a candle to lovely, articulate Katie. Very disappointing Q..👎
Super Contributor

We will never know what happened but in the back of my mind, I wondered if she didn't just flat-out quit. She's a true professional and as such has credentials to move on very quickly. I suspected some mistreatment and the new "push to youth for hosts"  sent her packing.She would be wasted in this new format.
She will land on her feet. She's talented and as I said, a true media professional.