Honored Contributor

Jennifer Coffey

Trusted Contributor

JC must be Jennifer Coffey, whom I like, but do not seem to see her much, the hours I am watching anyway.  Many posters do not like her.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't worry about Katie—she is not just the social media cohost for YHJ; she has continued to host other shows on both QVC and QVC2. Once Cathy was announced as the social media cohost on ITKWM, I never saw her host anything else. I think the Q may have been trying to find a place for Cathy and things just didn't work out for whatever reason.

Frequent Contributor

Do not like her at all

Honored Contributor

I feel that when a host is transferred to be a "social media" person on a show or shows that is a demotion.  Why does QVC waste the talent of a trained host to do social media when they could hire someone to do social media that  doesn't have the desire to do a host-type job?  Some people would be good at social media, but not care for being in front of the camera all the time.  I think Katie McGhee should get more prime time shows.  She is an excellent host.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that Cathy Pedrayes is no longer at QVC.  She had really improved a lot and was doing a good job.   I haven't "adjusted" to the last group of hosts that were hired.  They all seem alike and I don't know one from another.  I think this last group needed more training.

Respected Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@just wonder I had those same thoughts about Katie once they "demoted" her.  It's really a shame that these ladies are not given some better time slots to show their "stuff".  I'm quite tired of JC every day and would love to see Katie take some of her time.  (I'm just not a JC fan at all.). How can they meet a "quota" (if there is such a thing) if they are not given a fighting chance?  Middle of the night (for extended periods)  and "social media" person doesn't hack it, IMHO.  

I think I recall that Katie McGee received immense accolates for her presentations when she started in the wee hours of the morning.  Oodles and oodles of praise about her style, professionalism and general knowledge of products.  Then, I remember them moving her to the morning hours that I thought was a huge promotion and a chance for her to establish herself with management.  Then, I didn't see her anymore.  Katie McGee seemed to disappear.  I wonder what happened....

Katie was moved back to QVC2 and she also does social media for Jill Bauer on her Your Home Will Jill shows.  Waste of talent if you ask me.  She is great!

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
Who is JC???

@Teddixat  ~ Jennifer Coffey

Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee

[ Edited ]

If anyone should be worried about getting the axe it's Mary Nelson. I thought CP was more talented that she is, even my husband cannot stand MN's selling style and that shaky voice and he doesn't even watch QVC. I think KM is a good host, but she is not memorable and that may be her kiss of death.

Regular Contributor

I think Mary Nelson does a great job and I enjoy her presentations.  She has a great sense of humor and keeps the show moving along.  She's not boring, either!  They have a good variety of hosts so everyone should be able to find a few that they enjoy watching.