Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee Gets New Shows on Q2

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

Katie McGee is a good host.  Maybe they will finally start giving her more shifts.  Some of the newest group of hosts are also doing very well.  I'd like to see more of them and less of Amy, Jane T. and Shawn.

@maximillian 

ITA and please add Kerstin to your list of hosts that are overexposed on the main channel....and when I see those mentioned, I DO change the channel or find something else to do and not watching

means no sales for QVC from me...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I think Katie is absolutely fantastic, but I find it interesting that the Q has positioned her in home decor shows since she has stated many times that she feels this area isn't one of her strong suits. Perhaps she'll grow into it. She certainly does a nice job of describing any items she's given to present, and her voice and demeanor are lovely. I look forward to seeing how the new shows turn out...

Occasional Contributor

I am really excited about Katie’s home decor shows.  I was hoping this would happen when Jill made her leaving announcement.  Katie is a great host and will be fun to watch.  

Honored Contributor

My guess is when they made Katie Jill's social host on Monday's and Friday's for YHWJ, they already knew Jill was leaving and they were getting Q2 viewers familar with Katie in that time slot and in the role of a home decor host.  Sort of grooming her to take over for Jill.     

Honored Contributor

They all have their own regularly scheduled "shows" now.  But, it's nothing special, just the same QVC stuff.

Super Contributor

I just love listening to her... wishing her all the best!
You go girl!
Respected Contributor

I love Katie and wish her well with her new shows!  I'll be watching!

Contributor

Yes Katie should be on the main channel. She is one of the best host. Kristen should go to Q2 she is not a very good host. All she does is look at herself. She is not well prepared for her shows she needs to go. Katie has come a long ways and deserves to be on the main channel.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They all have their own regularly scheduled "shows" now.  But, it's nothing special, just the same QVC stuff.

Isn't that the truth. Some hosts might well be more watchable than others, but otherwise, the song remains the same... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I wondered if they were prepping her to have a home show when she started cohosting You're Home With Jill.  Will probably watch to see what they have to offer.