Honored Contributor

Katie McGee Gets New Shows on Q2

Katie McGee posted on her FB page that beginning this week, she will have new home shows, twice a week -  on Q2.

On Mondays from 3PM - 6PM, her show will be everything from decor to organization, and today there will also be toys for the holidays.

On Fridays from 10PM - midnight, her show is called "Comfortable Home." [My guess is her Friday show will be similar to her Monday show Smiley Happy.]

She said more days will be added soon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Katie McGee Gets New Shows on Q2

I wish they'd move her to the main channel.  I can think of a couple of hosts who should move to Q2 and let Katie back on the main channel.  I love her!

Respected Contributor

Katie McGee is a good host.  Maybe they will finally start giving her more shifts.  Some of the newest group of hosts are also doing very well.  I'd like to see more of them and less of Amy, Jane T. and Shawn.

Esteemed Contributor

I reeeally miss Katie early mornings.  Also miss Gabrielle a lot.  Since both were moved to QVC's other channels, I never see them.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I was hoping Katie would get her own home shows. I am thrilled about this,  The Monday show is too early for me as I am at work and the Friday show is late for me as I am asleep by that time but I will probably record them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Katie McGee’s presentations are similar to Mary Beth Rowe’s. Both are prepared, calm, highly professional, not self-focused/self-absorbed, and are a pleasure to watch. I, also, wish we would see a lot more of Katie McGee on QVC’s main channel. I wonder why she is not utilized more often presenting clothing? It seems like QVC does a lot of “departmentalizing”. They seem to favor Amy, Shawn, and Jane T. for clothing apparel, Jill (I know she left QVC recently) for  “At Home” shows, David is the “foodie”, Kristen L. for exercise equipment and clothing, Rick D. for everything else. While I realize everyone has their own niche, how about mixing things up a little in order to be less predictable Predictability can, on occasion, equate to boring and repetitive programming.

Regular Contributor

I agree, she is one of the best hosts and love when she presents fashion!  She should be on the main channel!

Trusted Contributor

Great! I'll definitely watch her. I find myself watching QVC2 more often than the main channel.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

I wish they'd move her to the main channel.  I can think of a couple of hosts who should move to Q2 and let Katie back on the main channel.  I love her!

@Krimpette 

AMEN to that!!!!...at least Katie is getting new shows, she's a very good host, prepared, pleasant. calm.....I'm glad my cable company carries Q2....and like some folks have said I find myself watching more Q2 these days because of the programming line-up presented by hosts that are pleasant to watch...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Happy for Katie. She's great! Just wish she was on the main channel.