Honored Contributor

Re: e: Kathy Levine returning

@Johnnyeager wrote:

This is a terrific idea......for 1992.

Stale ideas like this are why QVC broadcasting is dead and the company is failing at a rapidly accelerating rate.  They still fail to embrace the future of retailing while clinging to the past.

(They brought Lisa Mason back as a host some years ago.  It did not go well.)

What didn't go well?  Is this just speculation or assumptions?

Do you know her sales numbers?  Did she post/twitter something that indicates this?

I thought she left again because Gino was failing.  He was ill for a very long time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kathy Levine returning

[ Edited ]

I didn't care for her. Pushy and phony. But that is how I perceive all shopping channel hosts. They aren't paid to be our bff. I'm always amazed at how many women imagine a friendship with hosts. Some ladies may be lonely, housebound or whatever. So in those situations I can see where they might feel that a tv personality  is their pal. I never forget that their sole purpose is to separate us from our money.
Like another poster said, this isn't 1992. It will be interesting to see if Qvc can successfully recreate that time period with a recycled host. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lisa Mason's very brief return was a disaster.

I witnessed it.

I am under no obligation to explain for those who didn't see.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is she still alive? Must be ANCIENT 😄

@SeaMaiden    No, she's not ancient.  She's about 70, which I'm sure you realize, is getting younger all the time.  She's always been very attractive and hasn't changed much.

I'm not a Diamonique fan but I never missed her shows.  I was a big fan of Kathy's.  She can be very funny and will tell it like it is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I was never a fan of Kathy's.  To me she sounds like a real yenta.  I like Lisa Mason who is so calm and ladylike, with no yelling, etc.

@lovesallanimals   Lisa Mason is not the prissy girl you describe.  I've heard her use some innuendo that was nowhere near ladylike.  Nonetheless, I found her to be dull, whereas Kathy had more personality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother That will be interesting as I always liked Kathy especially with Joan Rivers. 

I guess the questions will be if the line will be updated w/new styles & more 14k gold & silver settings, with her hosting or just repping the line & what's going to happen w/Erin - guess we'll wait & see.

Trusted Contributor

Um i think thats so rude to comment on KL age when Barbara Wsltsrs started the View in 1997 at 68 and Joe Biden our president is 80 years old. Kathy looks great and this is a great idea. Bring back some classic QVC of old is needed for a boost. I always said they should offer LR the sun, moon and stars to return.
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Lisa Mason's very brief return was a disaster.

I witnessed it.

I am under no obligation to explain for those who didn't see.

LOL!  Okay,  just throw it out there as if there were some factual back up.

Thanks for the clarification though, I understand now.  YOU thought she did a terrible job when she returned.

Others may not agree with your opinions!  I saw her and thought she was as lovely and gracious as ever.

And no, you are not obligated to respond to anyone's questions, but please don't be offended when your statement is challenged.  Just discussing...that's all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is she still alive? Must be ANCIENT 😄

@SeaMaiden    No, she's not ancient.  She's about 70, which I'm sure you realize, is getting younger all the time.  She's always been very attractive and hasn't changed much.

I'm not a Diamonique fan but I never missed her shows.  I was a big fan of Kathy's.  She can be very funny and will tell it like it is.

@Kachina624 

70 IS getting younger all the time!  The older I get, the younger 70 is!

That was the only time since CVN I ever talked on the air....with Kathy Levine on a Diamonique show.  She was funny!

I got to play that silly Bird hangman game...answer was 'Shirley Temple', and I won $50!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Lisa Mason cohost with others who appeared (to me) to be very unhappy to have her inserted into their shows randomly. 

The result was awkward and unfortunate. 

Of course,  none of us knows why her short lived return was stifled.