Honored Contributor

Re: KUDOS TO STAN HERMAN!

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

Do you think the vendors have any say at all about which host(s) they get stuck with?

The other day Laura Geller had to break up the cacklefest of Courtney and Jane.  She said something like Hey, I'm here, too.  

No, I don't.  And I don't think the hosts get to pick what shows they do.  Pretty much it's work when you're scheduled.  As long as they show up, they do and act however they want.  No one is in control of this sinking ship.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see that show, but KUDOS to Stan!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Spurt no offense to you spurt,but sh reminds me of a creepy old man.ive watched him around other hosts,and to me he gets to giddy about his clothing.i have bought several robes from his line,but order online instead of watching him

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 and don't forget creepy!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I just happen to catch that and I thought the same thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

I had the opportunity to meet Stan Herman in person several years ago at a QVC event.  He is not creepy at all.  Actually, he is quite shy and very gracious.   I think his strengths are and were in designing for his career.  I don't think being on a shopping program was ever what he planned for in life, but I am sure it has $tood him well.  

Spoiler
Woman Wink
Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Stan  is getting grumpy in his old age.  He used to babble on and on about about horoscopes and peoples' signs, which I wasn't remotely interested in. I guess he's not a morning person.

@Kachina624 

Your right Stan used to go overboard with the Astrology bunk---so he stopped doing that, but to replace it with the hosts chatter about themselves or have giggle fest which is just as bad.....😫

And who knows Stan might have had other things on his agenda for that day so his time might have been limited for QVC....and the hosts need to realize "IT"S NOT ALL ABOUT THEM!"  ....they are there to help facilitate SALES....but they make it out to be that they are a "real celebrity" and are there to have a good time .....but viewers need product information which we aren't getting ----only colors ----over and over again...And when the vendor wants to provide important info some of the hosts interrupt them with this "nonrelevant nonsense"!  ..😣

No I don't want a robotic host, show personality, but first, it's the products that should be "the stars".....If I dont get info I dont buy and will go somewhere else and either shop in-store locally or online with another retailer....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Those two did the same thing to Scott from Jai Jewelry when he was on.  It became so annoying I changed the channel and just checked what was on after the show ended.  This is not a comedy routine show it's a shopping network.

@luvmybeetle 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    That's the shtick perpetrated on AMS and not started by Ali.  Leah apparently dreamed up the "ask a really dumb question" format to take up some time and take a break from discussing products. It's part of every show just like her "mocktail", equally dumb.  Stan should realize this and play along to be a good sport. How long does it take....maybe 10-15 seconds?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    That's the shtick perpetrated on AMS and not started by Ali.  Leah apparently dreamed up the "ask a really dumb question" format to take up some time and take a break from discussing products. It's part of every show just like her "mocktail", equally dumb.  Stan should realize this and play along to be a good sport. How long does it take....maybe 10-15 seconds?

@Kachina624 

Stan DID play along and answered the question before Ali even asked him, right after she intoduced him, so he did participate and wanted to move on to talk about the dresses, but unlike Leah ---Ali turned it into her own personal moment and it looked like too much time was being spent on the cheese talk and not the item...the expression on Stan's face and the wave of his hands said it all...

The "mocktail" is tied in to her QVC mandated Instagram page--(her show Producer comes up with the recipe each week) this takes just a moment to mention..

.And yes, Leah did incorporate the facebook question for AM STYLE but she does the product presentation FIRST with the vendor, and she does limit the time spent talking about these things which is in contrast to other host's lengthy fantasy stories--- (I picture someone on vacation in Paris eating at an intimate sidewalk cafe, pairing the dress with a wedge, and a cute hat, and a necklace to dress it up, someone approaches her and asks her about her outfit and invites her to a celebrity party ) 🙄 or maybe it's family stories, their music playlists, fav movies or vacation spots, or it's gigglefest time.....

JMHO---I think Leah does a good job adding a bit of fun, but  keeps the question time short and sweet   And it gives the crew time to set up the next item too