Esteemed Contributor

Just ordered 4 pair of knit pants. Total cost for shipping? TWENTY BUCKS.

Seriously? This has got to stop.

If this were not Linea, unavailable elsewhere, I would have abandoned my cart.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just ordered 4 pair of knit pants. Total cost for shipping? TWENTY BUCKS.

I have been spending less and less from QVC for that very reason.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Matty6 said:

I have been spending less and less from QVC for that very reason.

Me too. My orders for 2014 are not even a third of what they were in previous years.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

And the question becomes - are those pants worth the total price you paid? They must be or you'd go elsewhere and buy something else.

That's how I feel about what I buy from QVC. If the total cost is okay, I don't care at all where that money goes. Unless you're ordering more than you expect to keep, I just can't imagine why it matters. There's a reason those Linea pants cost $5 more than something you can buy elsewhere for $5 less because if you can buy what you like for less, I think you would. I know I would!

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have paid it. To me, this is the worst practice of the Q. If you like something, you usually want more than one. What possible reason could there be for charging separately when you order four at one time. Why is it all others can package several items in one S&H, but the Q can't? Simply because they make money on all their S&H....

Respected Contributor

I know, I feel the same way. I have even been at the end and all I need to do is click submit order and I really think hard about it. I have cancelled more lately. ??
Esteemed Contributor

That is so outrageous. Especially with so many companies offering free shipping or low rate shipping. I saw Susan Graver selling a simple TANK TOP that would have cost close to $50.00 with shipping costs. Now really....I work too hard for my money to spend that for a tank top. But somone must be buying or they wouldn't be selling.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Wow! How could the charges add up to $20. Did you order all four pair at once. I thought they did reduced shipping after the first order. But even at that, $5 per pair shipping doesn't seem so out of line to me, compared with some other sites I've seen.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Krimpette said:

Wow! How could the charges add up to $20. Did you order all four pair at once. I thought they did reduced shipping after the first order. But even at that, $5 per pair shipping doesn't seem so out of line to me, compared with some other sites I've seen.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any other major retailer who would not offer FREE SHIPPING on a 220.00 total order.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered much at all lately. I'm getting good buys on other sites and free shipping, discounts with a code, etc. Macy's even has free returns now. I will continue to order Linea from time to time, but not much else.