Valued Contributor

Re: Just my observation: Is ITKWD going by the "wayside" (JMO)

@homedecor1 wrote:

in reviewing the program guide I see tonight's ITKWD has been shortened to 1 hour vs 3 hour slot (or lately 2 hr).  I can say this is the only time I tune into Q just to watch as I enjoy David! Even if he's a bit Quirky & happy dance too!!! 

I guess this segment may have run its course -- I have noticed not many NEW or innovative products (even checking online product line I like).  

Personally, I would be sad to see this segment go BUT who knows maybe the powers that be need to make more room for Lori (LOGO) 🙄😳,  Josie Maran (Argan oil that I can buy in

drugstore), Computers which are not newest versions, My Pillow 💤💤💤, Susan Graver more overpriced clothing, Lori Greiner  (I don't think she ever invented anything just buys ideas) & more repetitive shows!!! Of course, JMO ....

Although, I did see today a few hours dedicated to "Gourmet Holiday" guess it's time to clean out the "Q pantry" or push the honey bells (I fell for that once horrible not juicy like he shows)!

that we can use in the Vita-Mix system that's been a TSV more times than I can remember!

Maybe, it's finally happened I have "lost my interest in QVC"🤔 After 25+ years - time to move on! OR just too much time on my hands today that I noticed this...and before the "snarky" replies come yup I'm sure Q doesn't care because I do flick the channel a lot but not during ITKWD😉

It's almost 9:10 pm Eastern.  ITKWD is still on with David and ends at 10pm Eastern, followed by The Shop, 10pm-12am.  I have Dish Network, and their guide is often wrong.  So much for the accuracy of cable TV on screen guides.

Honored Contributor

@Brooklynny

well 1 hour was ITKWD then of course 9-9:45 Vitamix and 1 quick clearance item I see as I flicked over!  

Although, I see they did have clearance CE cookware set which I should have chosen vs. the CE Hard Anodized set I just received which is not the quality I had in my original set (10 years old)🙄 -- gonna check out what return s/h fees will be!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The show seems to have themes for each of its shows, and a lot of the foods/recipes featured are not the healthiest dishes.  With much of the emphasis in Jaunary on eating healthier, I honestly didn't expect there would be many of the kitchen shows.  I think they will pick back up in February with decadent desserts.

I'd like to see some healthier dishes as options; but the overall demand and the QVC inventory for such items may not be there.  

Occasional Contributor

I was just watching my dvr taping of ITKWD tonight and it cut off at 9 pm after only one hour of taping.  My Comcast guide must have only scheduled it until 9.  No happy dance for me tonight!

Honored Contributor

I find ITKWD has become repetitious and boring.   When they have a kitchen TSV, it's to the point of being long and painful.  Same old merchandise over and over, Temptations,  yikes!     I'm especially sick of Jan Mueller after all these years.   I don't watch it anymore,  although I do like David. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I seem to recall that ITKWD on Wednesday routinely started at 8pm and ran to midnight. Now it starts at 7pm EST and runs to 10pm only.  So they are cutting back on it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find ITKWD has become repetitious and boring.   When they have a kitchen TSV, it's to the point of being long and painful.  Same old merchandise over and over, Temptations,  yikes!     I'm especially sick of Jan Mueller after all these years.   I don't watch it anymore,  although I do like David. 

As much as I enjoy David, I find myself more often these days with ITKWD on Mute or reluctantly changing the channel, because every.single.show is 90% the same 5 or so items I would already have if I needed or wanted them. When the entire show is Dead Horse merchandise, I just can't watch - which kinda bums me out because I like watching David.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

If people are just watching and not buying ... I would imaging QVC will replace it with something that generates income.

Respected Contributor

You gotta wonder.....on some sites you read how people don't cook as much as before, so who is buying all these blenders, processors, mixers, choppers, HEAVY multiple piece dish sets, serving bowls, platters, knives, shears, etc etc etc???

WHO is making all that hot soup with the ear splittingly loud Vitamix??????????

Easier ( and quieter) to open a can.

Couple that with the thousands who are retiring every day, who now have time to evaluate all the junk they've bought over a lifetime that they used ONE TIME and pushed it into the back of the cupboards...that they now have to deal with...along with the realization of how much you spent on all that unused clutter.....

I'm retired, and my friends who are retired seem to all be getting rid of all the duplicate and useless "stuff" they've accumulated...Think of all the single people who live alone after kids leave, a spouse dies or a divorce...who needs fifty sheet sets, 30 blankets or throws, or enough dishes and utensils that would supply a restaurant, or worst of all, all those large-footprint plastic Chinese made "gadgets"....

It seems the older you get, the more you rely on the "old reliables" in your cupboards....you use the same things over and over again...and forget the gadgets that were supposed to make life so easy breezy....

I chuckle when I see David present ANOTHER  implement advertised that chops or mixes or yada yada yada....95% of what you need to cut can be done with a 4" paring knife, or, if REALLY necessary, a "chef's knife"....LOL......

I'd rather have the money in my retirement account than a bunch of 400 dollar mixers, 500 dollar blenders, 300 dollar coffee makers, ..... ANYTHING that is made of cheap plastic and consists of a million pieces to store or wash, or the newest hyped stuff ..$700 pot and pan sets that,  David assertsbreathlessly "I own in my kitchen!!!!!"

Might as well just donate the CASH you'd spend on this stuff to the Salvation Army,,,it's where most of it will end up anyway...!!!!

Actually...they are selling the "idea" that one will have large warm family dinners with heaping bowls of home-made mashed potatoes or some casserole that took hours to prepare and cook.( in your countertop oven don't forget!!!)...or that many people are making HUGE batches of cookies for the kids or people who may "drop in" for a visit......

And my favorite....drum roll.....the "Smoker" shown with about 100 pounds of meat smoking away on 4 shelves......yep..something I need TWO of!!!!

I made a huge batch of cookies with my Kitchen Aid mixer about 15 years ago. I still have some left to use up in case my gift closet goes dry and I need to give something to the hordes that drop in unannounced....

(ANd because I don't use that mixer enough to EVER have justified it's purchase price, the bowl lift mechanism no longer works. I was surprised at this because I think I made about two batches of anything in it before it got pushed into a closet for fifteen years. I fell for the "idea" and not the reality.)

Cooking shows will go the way of ornaments, quilts, real gold jewelry, stuffed animals and Tiffany-Style lamps.  If it doesn't have a screen or charger attached to it, people don't want it today.

Rant over.

Super Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

You gotta wonder.....on some sites you read how people don't cook as much as before, so who is buying all these blenders, processors, mixers, choppers, HEAVY multiple piece dish sets, serving bowls, platters, knives, shears, etc etc etc???

WHO is making all that hot soup with the ear splittingly loud Vitamix??????????

Easier ( and quieter) to open a can.

Couple that with the thousands who are retiring every day, who now have time to evaluate all the junk they've bought over a lifetime that they used ONE TIME and pushed it into the back of the cupboards...that they now have to deal with...along with the realization of how much you spent on all that unused clutter.....

I'm retired, and my friends who are retired seem to all be getting rid of all the duplicate and useless "stuff" they've accumulated...Think of all the single people who live alone after kids leave, a spouse dies or a divorce...who needs fifty sheet sets, 30 blankets or throws, or enough dishes and utensils that would supply a restaurant, or worst of all, all those large-footprint plastic Chinese made "gadgets"....

It seems the older you get, the more you rely on the "old reliables" in your cupboards....you use the same things over and over again...and forget the gadgets that were supposed to make life so easy breezy....

I chuckle when I see David present ANOTHER  implement advertised that chops or mixes or yada yada yada....95% of what you need to cut can be done with a 4" paring knife, or, if REALLY necessary, a "chef's knife"....LOL......

I'd rather have the money in my retirement account than a bunch of 400 dollar mixers, 500 dollar blenders, 300 dollar coffee makers, ..... ANYTHING that is made of cheap plastic and consists of a million pieces to store or wash, or the newest hyped stuff ..$700 pot and pan sets that,  David assertsbreathlessly "I own in my kitchen!!!!!"

Might as well just donate the CASH you'd spend on this stuff to the Salvation Army,,,it's where most of it will end up anyway...!!!!

Actually...they are selling the "idea" that one will have large warm family dinners with heaping bowls of home-made mashed potatoes or some casserole that took hours to prepare and cook.( in your countertop oven don't forget!!!)...or that many people are making HUGE batches of cookies for the kids or people who may "drop in" for a visit......

And my favorite....drum roll.....the "Smoker" shown with about 100 pounds of meat smoking away on 4 shelves......yep..something I need TWO of!!!!

I made a huge batch of cookies with my Kitchen Aid mixer about 15 years ago. I still have some left to use up in case my gift closet goes dry and I need to give something to the hordes that drop in unannounced....

(ANd because I don't use that mixer enough to EVER have justified it's purchase price, the bowl lift mechanism no longer works. I was surprised at this because I think I made about two batches of anything in it before it got pushed into a closet for fifteen years. I fell for the "idea" and not the reality.)

Cooking shows will go the way of ornaments, quilts, real gold jewelry, stuffed animals and Tiffany-Style lamps.  If it doesn't have a screen or charger attached to it, people don't want it today.

Rant over.

lol, you actually think cooking shows are going away?