Honored Contributor

Re: Just my observation: Is ITKWD going by the "wayside" (JMO)

His shows are pretty busy during the holidays (Christmas & Thanksgiving) doing meal planning, but I also agree, he does have lots of vacation time!  Seems he takes vacations during all 4 seasons, it must be nice to afford them, much less have the time to take off!

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

David seems have lots of vacation days, he has been there a long time.  Jane T. has been there a long time also but seems she never goes on vacation and is on all the time.  Not dissing her, just an observation.

Some of what viewers perceive as "vacation days" may be QVC business trips/appearances that aren't universally announced as such. He's been at QVC long enough to take his vacations when he wants to, and he has many more days than newer hosts.

I think they're reducing the Wednesday show hours because the same things are sold on Wednesday that are sold on Sunday, there's never anything new, and 6 hrs of kitchen stuff just isn't selling like 3-4 hrs. If David had anything new to sell, that might change, but we know the likelihood of that....

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

The vitamix hour is likely considered part of the hours devoted to the ITKWD  show, just a specialized hour devoted to the single product and probably paid for handsomely by vitamix. I just don't need this product so will skip the whole evening.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Sounds like an awful lot of speculation being read into a TV guide entry.  I seriously doubt that David is going anywhere or that his shows are being shortened.  I checked out the Insider magazine and for the rest of this month, his Wednesday shows seem 3 hour shows.  At a quick glance, the Sunday shows are continuing to be at least 3 hours long...sometimes 4.  That doesn't soound to me like a show on the way out. Geesh!  

My recollection is that David always takes time off at Christmas time.  I also thought I read a recent post that he has been ill.  Nothing seems amiss to me.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Wow!  Sounds like an awful lot of speculation being read into a TV guide entry.  I seriously doubt that David is going anywhere or that his shows are being shortened.  I checked out the Insider magazine and for the rest of this month, his Wednesday shows seem 3 hour shows.  At a quick glance, the Sunday shows are continuing to be at least 3 hours long...sometimes 4.  That doesn't soound to me like a show on the way out. Geesh!  

My recollection is that David always takes time off at Christmas time.  I also thought I read a recent post that he has been ill.  Nothing seems amiss to me.

I'm in agreement with you.  Lots of speculation ALWAYS on the board. 

I don't think David takes lots of vacation time but when he does take it, it's probably longer than most due to that simple fact.  He just returned from vaca in Florida and he was ill when he returned.  He did attempt air time but then was off the next day because he was not feeling well.  I don't forsee him retiring all that soon.  I think he loves his job ... he's still young.

Honored Contributor

My observation had nothing to do with David vacation or time off.

I was referring to another show I enjoy would be going going gone! I just think it's the sign of the changes taking place at Q in programming.

Believe me ALL the hosts are entitled to vacations as some of them work long hours (even behind the scenes) it's not easy IMO to be peppy, excited & engaged for hours in front of a camera on the same items day in and day out! They deserve it! 

I know I had 5 weeks vacation when I worked & I took all of it!!!!

Respected Contributor

ITKWD is probably one of the most popular shows on Q. Personally know a few people (men) who only got involved with Q because of ITKWD and only ever watch and/or buy from this show. While it is not my favorite show, I don't dislike it.
Trusted Contributor

I clicked over briefly this afternoon as they were presenting soup.  I believe it was 3  16 oz. packets of soup for $49.00.  That is $16.33 per pack of bean soup. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  those are some mighty expensive beans!  The cost of most of those food items are out of this world.  I am amazed they continue to offer so much...but...somebody must be buying it. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

I don't watch ITKWD unless there is a guest host.  Last week it was Mary and she did a wonderful job. Apparently David had lost his voice, and she must have brought it up 20 times, telling him how he was missed and hoping he would better soon.  I'd love to see Mary filling in again, as well as some of the other hosts who are genuinely involved in cooking. Change can be very refreshing,

Respected Contributor

. . . IMO "Going by the Wayside" would apply to almost all on the Q nowadays . . .