Esteemed Contributor

Back in the day, I use to watch a lot of QVC and shop a lot at QVC.  I thought it was classier than the "other" shopping channel.  I have noticed a change in QVC.    I know the Q is a business and has to change to stay current and generate a profit. It appears that the Q is going for hip and trendy. There have been changes in prices- especially in clothing. I think it would be hard to find an item under 20.00.  The hosts- there are some who never seem to become polished or seasoned as the veterans.  Frenetic energy goes a long way. The forums-where people are speaking the truth to some degree, only to have their words removed as they have been deemed as inappropriate.  I know that there are standards and rules that govern the forums.  I do remember the free for alls from back in the day.

The changes I have seen appear to be a mish mash with no real focus.

Esteemed Contributor

My perceptions about QVC have changed over the years as well.  I'm under the impression that they don't really know what to do with these forums.  I've had customer service reps and people who work in QVC's Office of the President tell me that they don't read anything 'here. Some said they've been told not to read anything here.  I think the best way to communicate concerns about QVC is via telephone, but even then it's likely to fall on deaf ears or into helpless hands.

Honored Contributor

The title says it all -  what we post is here just our personal opinion -  it's not fact. 

It what we posted here were even close to fact, we'd all believe the same thing.

As it is, it's just my opinion -  and my opinion is to buy, how much I am willing to pay, etc -0 all that has changed radically in the 25+ years QVC has been around.

Just about the only piece of my opinion that hasn't changed is that of the little bit of money I spend that's notr brick and mortar, the vast majority of it still goes to QVC.  I haven't seen a single item at HSN at any price that I want to spend my dollars on. That's a fact -  but my judgment of the worth of the items is only an opinion.

Finally, as often as I come here to read or post, I can't for the life of me figure how how it adds to the bottom line for QVC.  That's a major mystery to me! 

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Back in the day, I use to watch a lot of QVC and shop a lot at QVC.  I thought it was classier than the "other" shopping channel.  I have noticed a change in QVC.    I know the Q is a business and has to change to stay current and generate a profit. It appears that the Q is going for hip and trendy. There have been changes in prices- especially in clothing. I think it would be hard to find an item under 20.00.  The hosts- there are some who never seem to become polished or seasoned as the veterans.  Frenetic energy goes a long way. The forums-where people are speaking the truth to some degree, only to have their words removed as they have been deemed as inappropriate.  I know that there are standards and rules that govern the forums.  I do remember the free for alls from back in the day.

I agree with you 100%.  It is nowhere near the company it was...  That's the reason I don't shop at QVC anymore.  I can find better deals at other stores and also better hosts at other shopping channels.  The newer hosts they've got now leave something to be desired.

Respected Contributor
I agree with OP. QVC used to be the better shopping channel for just about everything - programming, merchandise and hosts. Not anymore. It's now the opposite. I don't purchase much anymore, but I do watch or sometimes just have it on for background noise. Problem is, that's just what it's become for me. Annoying noise. The professionalism of the hosts is pretty much non existent. Annoying speech habits, screeching, shouting and talking over each other makes it unpleasant. Lol, then there's the outfits some of them wear. Just dreadful. HSN overall has much more professional hosts and presentations.
Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I agree with you 100%.  It is nowhere near the company it was...  That's the reason I don't shop at QVC anymore.  I can find better deals at other stores and also better hosts at other shopping channels.  The newer hosts they've got now leave something to be desired.

I'm not sure what QVC. is anymore, but I'm pretty sure it's not hip and trendy, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I shop QVC less than I did years ago because my shopping needs have changed.  I'm no longer setting up a household.  I've channel surfed the competition and determined they weren't for me.  QVC has changed, but so have b&m stores.  I used to only shop Macy's and Lord and Taylor, but no more.  I still enjoy shopping at QVC.  You have to do what makes you happy.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I have to wonder if this post is really about "all" the changes with QVC over the years, or is it really yet another post pouting because nasty posts about the hosts are no longer tolerated.  Much of those so-called constructive criticism, "I'm entitled to my opinion" posts are far from constructive and the wording is simply mean and hurtful.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I have to wonder if this post is really about "all" the changes with QVC over the years, or is it really yet another post pouting because nasty posts about the hosts are no longer tolerated.  Much of those so-called constructive criticism, "I'm entitled to my opinion" posts are far from constructive and the wording is simply mean and hurtful.

I heartedly disagree.   I think much of the criticism leveled at certain hosts is spot on and objective.   I wonder at what point they'll be deemed to be unkind,  disrespectful and inappropriate,  then deleted?   You have to wonder about a large corporation that can't take any criticism whatsoever. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I heartedly disagree.   I think much of the criticism leveled at certain hosts is spot on and objective.   I wonder at what point they'll be deemed to be unkind,  disrespectful and inappropriate,  then deleted?   You have to wonder about a large corporation that can't take any criticism whatsoever. 

For every person who posts all their reasons they dislike any given host, there are people who counter those traits are what they like about that host.  Reality is that there are different personalities chosen for a reason.  Who you like and dislike could be exact opposite of my likes and dislikes.  I'm smart enough to choose who to watch and who not to watch.  That's why they have items shown over and over throughout the day (another gripe many post repeatedly about the Q), so people can watch a presentation with a host they like.

I've said this before, I cannot fathom how people have decided that QVC is there for their 24/7 entertainment!  if I want background noise, I'm not going to pick any shopping channel, that's for sure.