Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Back in the day, I use to watch a lot of QVC and shop a lot at QVC.  I thought it was classier than the "other" shopping channel.  I have noticed a change in QVC.    I know the Q is a business and has to change to stay current and generate a profit. It appears that the Q is going for hip and trendy. There have been changes in prices- especially in clothing. I think it would be hard to find an item under 20.00.  The hosts- there are some who never seem to become polished or seasoned as the veterans.  Frenetic energy goes a long way. The forums-where people are speaking the truth to some degree, only to have their words removed as they have been deemed as inappropriate.  I know that there are standards and rules that govern the forums.  I do remember the free for alls from back in the day.

The changes I have seen appear to be a mish mash with no real focus.

I have to wonder if this post is really about "all" the changes with QVC over the years, or is it really yet another post pouting because nasty posts about the hosts are no longer tolerated.  Much of those so-called constructive criticism, "I'm entitled to my opinion" posts are far from constructive and the wording is simply mean and hurtful.

Buck-i-Nana- to respond to your missive- no pouting here.  I  don't care for nasty posts about the host so this post is not about that.

Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

My perceptions about QVC have changed over the years as well.  I'm under the impression that they don't really know what to do with these forums.  I've had customer service reps and people who work in QVC's Office of the President tell me that they don't read anything 'here. Some said they've been told not to read anything here.  I think the best way to communicate concerns about QVC is via telephone, but even then it's likely to fall on deaf ears or into helpless hands.

The number of people who comment in these forums is very tiny compared to the millions who actually shop on QVC.  Even if everyone who comments regularly actually agreed on a topic (and we all know that won't happen), that agreement would not have any impact on how the company does business.  I know we all want to think that our input here is important to the company, but it really is just a way for people to express an opinion and sometime support one another, not a way to impact company change. 

Trusted Contributor

QVC can only judge a host's perforcmance by their performance metrics.  As long as a host continues to move merchandise, the host will likely remain featured -- regardless of what a small number of people on these forums think about the hosts.  After all, why should (or would) QVC care about a handful of people whose posts, when not criticizing the hosts of the channel, proclaim that they rarely, if ever, purchase from the channel ny longer?  Seriously? 

You are not a customer, and you have not been for some time.  You are simply here using QVC's resources to complain about something over which you have absolutely no control.

In regards to removing "inappropriate" comments, I can only imagine how any one of us would feel if a customer of our business came in and spent the company's resources complaining about us and the business constantyl.  I am sure we would expect our employer to help alleviate the situation.

For the life of me, I cannot figurre out why the people who hate QVC so much remain here.  Move one.  you do not like it here, so why remain?

Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

QVC can only judge a host's perforcmance by their performance metrics.  As long as a host continues to move merchandise, the host will likely remain featured -- regardless of what a small number of people on these forums think about the hosts.  After all, why should (or would) QVC care about a handful of people whose posts, when not criticizing the hosts of the channel, proclaim that they rarely, if ever, purchase from the channel ny longer?  Seriously? 

You are not a customer, and you have not been for some time.  You are simply here using QVC's resources to complain about something over which you have absolutely no control.

In regards to removing "inappropriate" comments, I can only imagine how any one of us would feel if a customer of our business came in and spent the company's resources complaining about us and the business constantyl.  I am sure we would expect our employer to help alleviate the situation.

For the life of me, I cannot figurre out why the people who hate QVC so much remain here.  Move one.  you do not like it here, so why remain?

No one has stated that they hated QVC.  Where did that come from anyway?  I guess that your opinion.

Valued Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Back in the day, I use to watch a lot of QVC and shop a lot at QVC.  I thought it was classier than the "other" shopping channel.  I have noticed a change in QVC.    I know the Q is a business and has to change to stay current and generate a profit. It appears that the Q is going for hip and trendy. There have been changes in prices- especially in clothing. I think it would be hard to find an item under 20.00.  The hosts- there are some who never seem to become polished or seasoned as the veterans.  Frenetic energy goes a long way. The forums-where people are speaking the truth to some degree, only to have their words removed as they have been deemed as inappropriate.  I know that there are standards and rules that govern the forums.  I do remember the free for alls from back in the day.

The changes I have seen appear to be a mish mash with no real focus.

In all fairness, can you find an article of clothing with any hint of quality anywhere under $20?

Nothing anywhere is the same price as it was "back in the day"...

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Oh please, doctors are rated, chefs are rated, employees are evaluated. Customers are asked to fill out comment cards. We are all entitled to our opinion, and I will shop where I choose.

without your " helpful advice ". !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

My perceptions about QVC have changed over the years as well.  I'm under the impression that they don't really know what to do with these forums.  I've had customer service reps and people who work in QVC's Office of the President tell me that they don't read anything 'here. Some said they've been told not to read anything here.  I think the best way to communicate concerns about QVC is via telephone, but even then it's likely to fall on deaf ears or into helpless hands.

They only care if it affects their bottom line...

Trusted Contributor

I agree - QVC isn't what it used to be, - but then, neither am I!  My needs and tastes have changed.  I used to buy a great deal from the Q, but it is now a channel of LOGO and WEN, neither of which I like or use. ( In the interest of being kind, I won't go into my reasons.)  So----I just don't watch anymore.  I may occasionallly tune in for a few minutes but never watch for hours the way I used to.  There is one product which Q sells which is a must-have for me and I will watch that show when it  airs and  will buy when I can get a good deal but most of the time I will buy directly from the vendor.   So, despite my moving away, Q still makes a lot of money and other customers have made their vendors very very  wealthy.    

Trusted Contributor

As far as Host comments go, we're all reasonably intelligent adults.. We all know, admit it or not, what is constructive, and what is just plain nasty and mean. 

I've read posts that made valid points, well thought out and reasonable.  I've read posts, so ugly and rabid, I genuinely wondered about the posters mental health!

I always chuckle, about the posts that begin, "I really hate to have to say this about Host so and so, but-------"

That statement is ridiculous!  If you really hated to say it; you wouldn't say it.. It is perfectly legal to take the high road, and keep your opinions to yourself.