Trusted Contributor

Re: Just gave some feed back

@Helena16 wrote:

I also just sent my two cents on the firing of Dan and Carolyn.  Both are way too classy to file lawsuit for age discrimination, which is too bad because QVC deserves to be dragged through litigation for such blatant ageism.

It's not ageism.  There were 400 employees let go.  For it to be anything even close to age discrimination, most of those let go would have to be in the same age group.  Plus, when one is laid off and gets a severance package, you sign an agreement that you won't sue the company in exchange for the weeks of severance, benefits, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

Bravo that you sent an email to alert them of your grievances as a customer. However, unless we use the power of our money I doubt it will help.  when you contact them let them know you will no longer be purchasing from them and stick to it. 

I stopped dhopping here a few months ago and have decided to support local stores or Amazon. Tired of the shipping, quality especially inconsistencies in sizing, and CS.  Their hosts are a joke to say the least.  They are not hired because they are competent.

As far as I am concerned I have closed the door on this company.  I do enjoy coming here on the forum and see how you all are, etc. 

Good luck ladies and gentlemen.

Valued Contributor

@Helena16 wrote:

I also just sent my two cents on the firing of Dan and Carolyn.  Both are way too classy to file lawsuit for age discrimination, which is too bad because QVC deserves to be dragged through litigation for such blatant ageism.

The were not fired.......400 employees were laid off,,,,big difference from being fired.

Regular Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

i DO...

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Bettyanne wrote:

There is a place you can give "feedback"  so i just sent and email...protesteing carolyn Gracie being left go.....maybe if they hear from enough  people they will regret their decision???  or not......but at least they will know people are not OK with ith....

@Bettyanne The internet is full of people upset about Carolyn and Dan and the way JT acted the other night.  I have been all over and so many are saying they will never shop here or HSN again.  They did some damage to themselves.   Shame

@BalletBabe, I must have missed it, how did Jane T act the other night? 

Trusted Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@Helena16 wrote:

The were not fired.......400 employees were laid off,,,,big difference from being fired.

Sorry @happilyretiredgirl being "LAID OFF" is being "FIRED", all of them, every last one was "FIRED"

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Bettyanne wrote:

There is a place you can give "feedback"  so i just sent and email...protesteing carolyn Gracie being left go.....maybe if they hear from enough  people they will regret their decision???  or not......but at least they will know people are not OK with ith....

@Bettyanne The internet is full of people upset about Carolyn and Dan and the way JT acted the other night.  I have been all over and so many are saying they will never shop here or HSN again.  They did some damage to themselves.   Shame

@Silver Fox1  Friday night during the 50 show.  She came close to the camera and said no one better talk about her girls.  She had a mean look on her face.  Not sure what caused that but it is being talked about all over.  

Super Contributor

Perhaps writing how you feel about it will help you accept it happened, but its not going to change anything ! 

This is the evolution of business.....as consumers, we all have the right to spend our $$ anywhere.. For for those truly bothered by this change, the only way to show your displeasure is to shop elsewhere.and no longer give the Q your business. .

Do you shop QVC for the items or because of hosts?? 

Super Contributor

@Silver Fox1  Nothing ............she did nothing that should cause anyone sleepless nights, anxiety, panic, or dread. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Bettyanne wrote:

@Silver Fox1  Friday night during the 50 show.  She came close to the camera and said no one better talk about her girls.  She had a mean look on her face.  Not sure what caused that but it is being talked about all over.  

If she doesn't want anyone talking about her girls then she should shut up talking about her girls.