Respected Contributor
For the last 2 hrs I have been watching shawn saves xmas.her side kick is coco.shawn seems to dominate the program and coco,is just making random commits.does this seem really one sided?
Honored Contributor

Re: Just curious

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam  Shawn Saves Christmas show is always like this.  Shawn is the lead host, and Courtney does social media and chimes in when Shawn asks her to talk, or when she has her turn presenting the TSV.

The only show where Shawn has a true co-host is Tuesday's Cheers to Shopping with Leah and Shawn.  

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Uh, that's why they call it Shawn Saves Christmas Woman Wink. Court's role is one of support. They do seem to have some fun with the Xmas programs. 

Super Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
For the last 2 hrs I have been watching shawn saves xmas.her side kick is coco.shawn seems to dominate the program and coco,is just making random commits.does this seem really one sided?

Nope.  They each have their part.  Doing their job.

Regular Contributor

Not a fan of SK...always looks like a mess - like she just rolled out of bed and unpreparted for presentations but she must sell items since she seems to get more airtime than other hosts.  But any "cohost" or sidekick she has seems to not last long....sounds like I am nto the only one who is not a fan Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy Shawn............will take her any day over Coco

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

SK was very clever in the "Shawn Saves Christmas" Show....you could tell she was unprepared when she said the Producer told her to make the TSV Christmas Tree presentation quick, she immediately told the vendor, Amy S., to go ahead and speak "since she didnt want her to run out of time", and when Amy completed her presentation quickly, there was still time left, and even though it was  SK that was told to finish the presentation, she told Courtney to go ahead and wrap up the final minutes .....😄  

And she messed up on the characters that were featured on the Mr. Christmas train and the vendor, Leslie politely corrected her..... 

Having shows in prime time with a large viewing audience help her sales, but she could really put in a bit more effort preparing for the shows she seems to "wing it".........    

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

kelsey 17:  I also really like Shawn.  And she's not the only host unprepared or who makes mistakes.  However, I think because prople aren't fond of her, she gets critisized the most.  There are hosts that get SO on my nerves but because people like them (for whatever reasons) they get praised.  So, I don't think the powers that be really concern themselves with what the viewers say about the hosts because it's just an individual preference.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  I get your "curiosity". I was curious as well. I haven't seen any other segments set up in that format before. I didn't care for that particular set-up as Courtney seemed like a distraction to Shawn. Some things like this  just befuddle me too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi wrote:

kelsey 17:  I also really like Shawn.  And she's not the only host unprepared or who makes mistakes.  However, I think because prople aren't fond of her, she gets critisized the most.  There are hosts that get SO on my nerves but because people like them (for whatever reasons) they get praised.  So, I don't think the powers that be really concern themselves with what the viewers say about the hosts because it's just an individual preference.

You are right, there are other hosts that are unprepared, perhaps if SK put less focus on fantasy tales and twenty question game and more on the products.... And dont get me wrong, she does better than quite a few of QVC's other hosts..... 

If QVC wants to improve their finances they should be listening to what viewers are saying and doing because if people tune in and watch for just a few minutes,but end up turning the channel then QVC loses sales and that definitely matters to QVC........ Perhaps its time for a change for both viewer and host and QVC SHOULD try another host in that time slot for awhile to see if the sales increase for that show.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”