Honored Contributor

Re: Just a question about someone I suddenly missed...

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

You're right. It takes only one to break the engagement but two people to fail at a relationship.

Oh my God in heaven! How judgemental can you get? I ended an engagement and it WASN'T because we "failed"--I simply realized that we weren't right for each other.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

It takes two people who enter into an agreement to meet the terms of the agreement.  Sorry, but I don't think I am being judgmental by saying that train runs north and south.  Too often we see it from our own prejudicial view.  I will not argue with you because it is a moot point.  I don't know who failed at anything in your situation but someone failed to see the others' weak points and the other failed to meet the needs of the other.  Therefore...

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday Disagree. If a person cheats on his spouse/partner, then it only takes one to ruin the relationship.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if she got to keep that ring? It was gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee It most states if the man bought the ring and the engagement is called off, and it matters not who called if off, he gets the ring back. This is actually a matter of law in many if not most states.

Of course some men don't want the ring back and I've seen many cases on TV where the woman actually pays for the ring! I just shake my head at that!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wonder if she got to keep that ring? It was gorgeous!

@SilleeMee 

I was wondering the same thing when I read they are no longer engaged.  That's a wowzer ring.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

You're right. It takes only one to break the engagement but two people to fail at a relationship.

Oh my God in heaven! How judgemental can you get? I ended an engagement and it WASN'T because we "failed"--I simply realized that we weren't right for each other.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

It takes two people who enter into an agreement to meet the terms of the agreement.  Sorry, but I don't think I am being judgmental by saying that train runs north and south.  Too often we see it from our own prejudicial view.  I will not argue with you because it is a moot point.  I don't know who failed at anything in your situation but someone failed to see the others' weak points and the other failed to meet the needs of the other.  Therefore...

You ARE judgemental, and harshly so. Shame on you...I feel sorry for your children, if you have any.

I don't know... you got that right!

BTW, do you have reading comprehension problems? Being engaged isn't the same as being married and it's better to realize you aren't right for each other BEFORE the wedding.

In my case, no one failed at anything; I won because I ended it rather than making a big mistake.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Nonametoday Disagree. If a person cheats on his spouse/partner, then it only takes one to ruin the relationship.

i dont think it is THAT simple......

there are a lot more factors that can be involved.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

i dont think it is THAT simple......

there are a lot more factors that can be involved.

Indeed. That's why I tend to withhold judgement since I know that I don't know the whole story.