Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just a Note For What It's Worth .......

I, too, have cut waaaaaaaaaaaaay back on my shopping here.

Main reason, as has been said many, many times before, the prices.

Everything has gotten too expensive, and the shows are boring, so I just don't watch anymore.

Respected Contributor

@petunia wrote:

I have finally rid myself of QVC ......

I've been with QVC since Day One ...... I have to admit that, when I was younger and for many years, QVC was definitely

' impulse buying' on my part!   I also need to admit that probably a good 85-90% of what I purchased has since been given to Goodwill or trashed when I am destuffing!

Actually, I do still have a few jewelry items from when QVC was selling very nice white gold and sterling silver.  

This will probably get poofed before many read it ....... I do hope that my note gets a 'head's up' for a few of QVC's newer and younger customers.

Please buy from your B&M stores ...... they are in need of our help!  Plus you don't have to pay for returns.

Lastly, I would LOVE to know much I've spent/wasted over the past QVC years!  (Well, maybe not)  Smiley Wink

@petunia - I too have spent way too much money on "cr--" from the Q and regret it - if I knew now what I should have known then - yes, mine is all at the Goodwill.  B&M stores are in need of our help (not that I shop anymore) but you can't tell anyone, they have to learn all of this the hard way.  Q should be called "mindless shopping".  Wish I had all that money back.  I do all my shopping locally now. 

Honored Contributor

Well, for those of you who donated to Good Wil, I hope you took your tax deducion for your donation.

Esteemed Contributor

Taxes:  Sure do - sure did.  Not all was Q products but this year - itemized and CPA allowed $700 - usually it's the max $500; but I'm really cleaning out cookware - drapes - shoes - clothing - lamps - and on and on.  Refreshing undertaking!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy on here either anymore. I used to love their jewelry but I haven't liked any of the pieces I tried the last few years and sent them back. I find much better jewelry on Etsy and am supporting small businesses. 

If QVC sells it, most likely you can find it elsewhere for less with free shipping except for some QVC only promotions. 

I don't have cable anymore so I don't even watch it. I'm just here to socialize. 😜😀

Frequent Contributor

I have cut way back also. With $60 T-shirts and $400 handbags, they are way beyond my financial abilities.

Respected Contributor

@petunia but you have only yourself to blaime.

Honored Contributor

I would agree that we need to shop in the brick and mortar stores more.I was out today and nobody was shopping and the stores are not full of merchandise.I was surprised to see hardly any summer stuff but more a mixture of the previous seasons.

Trusted Contributor

I still like QVC, buy I don't go crazy. I don't overbuy. I buy some D & Co. and once in a great while Susan Graver Top and some 24/7 crops from Isaac. I buy It Cosmetics, but only what I need. 

I don't buy designer jewelry anymore, but I will pick up a gold piece once and awhile and I never use easy-pay.  You can shop QVC and not make it a habit. I don't pay $60 for a top either. I pick and choose what is a value to me. 

You are in control of your actions. I don't have  alot of stores where I live so the internet is a lifeline for me. Even when I do go to Nordstroms ect. None of the clothes excite me and their prices are truly bad and I don't see the quality being any better than the Q's, except for the truly designer lines on the 4th floor and those are in the thousands of dollars. 

Just be a smart shopper.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shop where I "need" to shop - taking actual need (vs want), specific product availability, total cost of item (price, tax, s&h), and convenience. That will vary, and it definitely isn't b&m stores or small businesses for most of what I buy most of the time, based on both price and convenience.

I very rarely buy things (anything) on impulse these days. BT;DT and outgrew it pretty long ago. I've never been QVC's ideal customer in any constant buyer category. 90% of what they sell isn't needed, and much of that can be bought other places for less money. So what I buy from QVC is in some way unique to QVC - object, brand, (very) occasional actual good deal. The vast majority of my purchases can be made anywhere and everywhere - and are.

I honestly don't have any sympathy for (nor can I relate to) these periodic "Congratulate me! I've 'broken free' of my decades of over-spending and hoarding things I never really needed or wanted in the first place, aren't I a special girl?" declarations of independence. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all