Contributor

Just a Note For What It's Worth .......

I have finally rid myself of QVC ......

I've been with QVC since Day One ...... I have to admit that, when I was younger and for many years, QVC was definitely

' impulse buying' on my part!   I also need to admit that probably a good 85-90% of what I purchased has since been given to Goodwill or trashed when I am destuffing!

Actually, I do still have a few jewelry items from when QVC was selling very nice white gold and sterling silver.  

This will probably get poofed before many read it ....... I do hope that my note gets a 'head's up' for a few of QVC's newer and younger customers.

Please buy from your B&M stores ...... they are in need of our help!  Plus you don't have to pay for returns.

Lastly, I would LOVE to know much I've spent/wasted over the past QVC years!  (Well, maybe not)  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Just a Note For What It's Worth .......

I'm so glad for you.  I did this several years ago.  It's too bad the Q has fallen so far.  The funny thing is, I thought I'd miss it, but I haven't.  Once in a great while I'll channel surf and stay to watch for a few minutes if something catches my eye.  I just don't order anymore.  I can get anything they sell for a better price at a store or on Amazon.

Valued Contributor

So true!

Esteemed Contributor

I envy your determination.............(and I agree with you.I too am a day 1 shopper, bad habits are hard to break.lol)

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you - - Goodwill has my stock of Q fashions.  After reading complaints about terrible smells in new buys - I thought back to a beautiful blue suede jacket I purchased about 20 years ago from Q. (no more)  I have some pieces of jewelry from long ago; but now buy household items and a few cosmetic things. I watch some shows - but the Q bug for me is dead.

Honored Contributor

It amazes me that people constantly complain about products/prices/shipping/delivery from the Q but continue to shop here.  When the channel first started, it was pretty much the only game in town.  Now with every store having a website and Amazon, IMO QVC is an addiction for many people unless they have an unusual sense of loyalty.  If I continued to have the probelms with the Q that some people on this forum seem to have, I would have stopped shoppig here long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

It amazes me that people constantly complain about products/prices/shipping/delivery from the Q but continue to shop here.  When the channel first started, it was pretty much the only game in town.  Now with every store having a website and Amazon, IMO QVC is an addiction for many people unless they have an unusual sense of loyalty.  If I continued to have the probelms with the Q that some people on this forum seem to have, I would have stopped shoppig here long ago.

Believe me ,it is an addiction ,espically in older people.............( or a very bad habit)

Honored Contributor

My last item purchased with them was March 2012.  Still not feeling deprived; however a bit richer.  Good for you OP.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I still shop at QVC -- most of my closet and jewelry box is due to QVC.  I do, for sure, buy things on impulse that I don't really need, and I am working on that.  It is definitely a hobby/addiction, but there are worse things I could do.  I do have returns, but I absolutely hate trying on clothes in those awful dressing rooms, so that is the trade off I guess.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@petunia. ITA. I was an addicted QVC viewer when the channel came to my attention. Over the last several yrs. (and past 6 months especially), I've become very disappointed and just not interested in the lack of variety and high prices.

I've been going to my mall and supporting local "Mom & Pops".