Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella   I get the strong scent of skunk at night but that does mean droplets of their 'perfume' is on any of my possessions.  It soon dissipates.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
Its supposedly just speaking to someone now too. At least two different doctors have said that as of yesterday. Not just a sneeze or a cough. And not just 6 feet.
As for someone smoking and having this virus, buy a carton or two of cigarettes and throw them over the fence. Chances are that'll take care if the problem permanently.
Respected Contributor

"You may be able to spread coronavirus just by breathing, new report finds" ...

It's called "aerosolization" of a virus from normal breathing

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/you-may-be-able-spread-coronavirus-just-breathing-new-report...

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor
We just can't be too careful and need to take extra precautions now! So scary out there!😷
Super Contributor

Re: Just a COVID-19 Rant

[ Edited ]

Are you sure the person on the deck is the one who tested positive?  Just because he was caughing doesn't mean he has the virus.  I think the fact that they posted a sign on the front door asking neighbors not to knock indicates they are trying to be responsible people.

Honored Contributor

While 6 feet is a good guide, it's not foolproof.  Some researchers are now saying droplets of spittle, cough debris, etc can travel up to 27 feet.  All I know is I would go the other way if someone coughs or if I cough or sneeze due to allergies.

At the same time, it is allergy season so people (me) will cough and sniffle more.  And it sounds like your neighbor has smoker's cough too.  

Esteemed Contributor

They have been saying in those press conferences that its at least 6 feet. I wonder how I would pay for my groceries in the supermarket . Or keep the distance standing on line waiting to check out. Anyway, O/P maybe complain about those people they sound like morons and thoughtless people to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

I think you are getting yourself worked up over nothing.  Unless this neighbor is coughing into your window and is less than 6 feet away you have nothing to worry about.  Fresh air is healthy! 

This virus has nothing to do with air quality. Good or bad. It comes from contact from other people. 

Esteemed Contributor

Smokers should be worried about there Heath with this virus going around . There lungs and heart are already compromised.