Super Contributor

Just Wondering Why Does David Venable Never Kick Off TSVs?

Hi everyone,
Long time lifelong QVC watcher (since 27 years ago!) here and I've noticed over the past few years David Venable never kicks off any TSVs. I remember him kicking one off literally 3 years ago for a holiday dishware set (Cooks Essentials? Not sure) but never since then. He's so popular and beloved it really surprises me.
He doesn't host morning shows on the Q on a regular basis during the week does he (one good reason to not be available for kicking off the TSV)?
Thanks for any info!
Honored Contributor

Re: Just Wondering Why Does David Venable Never Kick Off TSVs?

Things are a changing.

Respected Contributor

Maybe he has certain things like that written into his contract, we will never know.

Honored Contributor

Won't there be just as many questions if DV changes his schedule to kick off a TSV as there are when anyone else does ITKWD or DHWD?

Besides, when the TSV is added to his shows, it seems as if no matter how many times it's been presented, he can still sell thousands.  Somehow I think QVC shouldn't try to mess with what's already working! 

Honored Contributor

Does Leah ever kick off a TSV?  Not sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Does Leah ever kick off a TSV?  Not sure.

@Krimpette  - Yes.   When she and Shawn had their Tuesday night show, occasionally Leah would kick off a new TSV.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@DooneyGal2 - David has shows on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays every week plus a semi-regular show on Q2, so it is possible the schedule doesn't allow for him to have more air time to debut the TSV very often. I seem to remember that he kicked off a kitchen-related TSV sometime during the past year or so because he was very excited about whatever item was coming and mentioned it a hundred times during his show preceding that TSV presentation.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2   They want to save David for prime time or for his own show, when the most people are watching.  For instance on Sundays, it would take more stamina than one person has to kick off a TSV at midnight, then show up early the next morning to prep for ITKWD, then appear on air for 3-4 hours.

The man has to sleep some time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never see Pat James Dementri or Dan Hughes kick off TSV's...Although I must say I am not up watching anymore at that time, but I never hear of them doing it!

Super Contributor

It was just a question, wasn't being judgemental - I do remember him doing it on and off over the years but not the past 2 at all. I appreciate everyone's replies!
Actually when someone brings up needing sleep, lately CK seems to be doing a lot of double duty lately working a 9 pm to midnight show and then coming back on at 1 AM till sometimes 3 AM which has shocked me, wonder when does she sleep lol?!