Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Curious...Why Are You Here?

[ Edited ]

I primarily read and participate in the Book Forum.  I use to participate in others, but it just became old really quick.

I forgot to add that I use to be a pretty active QVC shopper, but after awhile how much stuff can you have. I have transitioned not only with QVC, but other shopping venues as well to more of a need and occasional want purchases.

Respected Contributor

Many posters have been here for 15 (20?) years.  They probably shopped here a lot back when they discovered these boards and began posting.  Because one's shopping habits changed, or more likely because QVC has changed, no reason to abandon a board and people you've come to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Kitlynn said it best.

Respected Contributor

i am here because i am a qvc fan.

it would not occur to me to go hang out on a shopping site where i was not a fan.

everything is not my taste or liking.  but i don't expect it to be.  i know we are all different.  

most of the negative here is due to others wanting it all their way and not considering we are all different.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love to Run I think some people enjoy complaining and/or getting folks riled up. I know a few people like that; I would say most of us have a seasoned, career complainer somewhere in the family tree. This gives them an outlet and the anonymity makes it even easier—no accountability. Then there are long-time viewers who remember the old Q and the old prices and aren’t happy with the changes. My thoughts to answer your question. I’m sure there are legitimate complaints too, as I don’t see how a 24/7 live, on-air business can avoid mishaps.

Why do I read and post here. I like the the varied viewpoints on a variety of topics, enjoy the witty and kindhearted folks, and those who take the time to offer support, answers, and conversation. 

Honored Contributor

entertainment

boredom

like to read other peoples viewpoints

learn new things

Esteemed Contributor

Well I agree with everyone that posted here.  I will add that there are many many nice people here.  I also love the fact that if I have a problem or question the Moderators are awesome and are always willing to help or answer questions.  

I have shopped with qvc since day one. I never even knew they had forums until I had heard Mary Beth was in a car accident.  I went searching to see on her page if she was okay.  My husband had passed that year and it was a rough time for me.  The outpouring of love and concern was awesome.  I found myself LOL at some of the posts and I sure needed that at that time.  

I often wonder if we make the Mods laugh at times.  LOL  Here is a tip for anyone thathas not already seen them----On you tube there are video's of QVC bloopers and many others.  Crazy things that have gone on over the years.  They are really funny.  

Yes there are a few trouble makers as on any board, but there are more nice people on here then not so nice.   

Honored Contributor

There is a lot of good advice to be found. Glad the political stuff is not allowed because debating holds little interest to me. I enjoy the Home forum the most.

Honored Contributor

I started on Jane's board when she left QVC for a period of time years ago.  Then I found this board.  I enjoy reading helpful hints, suggestions for products, etc.  It helps fill the time as I do not go out a lot or have a lot of people to converse with.  I like the beauty and kitchen topics but also read Q talk and several other forums.

Valued Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Many posters have been here for 15 (20?) years.  They probably shopped here a lot back when they discovered these boards and began posting.  Because one's shopping habits changed, or more likely because QVC has changed, no reason to abandon a board and people you've come to enjoy.

I've been here when these boards were called "Shop Talk".  While I seldom shop here anymore, I find these boards entertaining and interesting.