Trusted Contributor

I saw Julia last night and she was absolute doll..shes so prepared, knows colors and hoot with her guests on Skype. The vendors enjoy her alot. She truly has some zest for life. She needs her own show on the Q. I hope to see her get more primetime hours and really move up the ladder.
Respected Contributor

I'm not seeing it, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion about any host.

Honored Contributor

I happened to tune in late last night and saw Julia do a fashion show.......and I thought to myself....and they let Katie McGee go....SMH

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Katie McGee was boring imo. She lacked that energy and spark. Julia is just tons of fun always having a good time. Let's also remember Julia has only been here 18 months. Shes come such a long way and has great potential. The audience loves her and she's only getting more popular
Respected Contributor

The hosts I enjoy focus on presenting the items instead of having a ton of fun. They are not on vacation, a play date, or a personal shopping trip. The ones that can’t find the professional balance between selling and socializing drive me away.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Katie McGee was boring imo. She lacked that energy and spark. Julia is just tons of fun always having a good time. Let's also remember Julia has only been here 18 months. Shes come such a long way and has great potential. The audience loves her and she's only getting more popular

----------------

How do you know the audience loves her!!!  I certainly don't!!

Trusted Contributor

U see it in her social media posts and her vendor reaction. Julia is much better then alot of the new hosts that didn't make it. Shes enjoying herself really also she gives the best details of products. She helps educate the customer on their purchase
Respected Contributor

I've not watched Julia Cleary so have no idea what she's like as a host. What I WOULD find refreshing is a host who lets the vendors talk. And I know this has been a common complaint here but it never ends with the seasoned hosts.   Example: was watching Dana of Perricone trying to explain a new product and one I was interested in. Every time she tried to talk about it, Jane would always interrupt her to say "I have to stop you to let you know, we have such and such number left or the usual  so many are "flying out of here."  UGH!  I kept waiting for Dana to finish a sentence about the product but to no avail. I WAS interested in it but was so annoyed at not being able to hear more about the product due to JT's constant interrupting that I said never mind, not buying!   

Are you listening QVC?  Maybe if the hosts would let the people talk more of their products you'd get more sales?

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

U see it in her social media posts and her vendor reaction. Julia is much better then alot of the new hosts that didn't make it. Shes enjoying herself really also she gives the best details of products. She helps educate the customer on their purchase

@JONNYSBRO   So what did you buy?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

@JONNYSBRO   So what did you buy?

@proudlyfromNJ - Still can't figure out this poster. I see him/her post only about hosts. Curious. 

Anyway- I enjoy the shows Julia hosts. She seems to have a good sense of humor. I liked the commercial QVC ran around Halloween with Julia sitting on a bench asking, "Has anyone ever told you you have good bone structure?" Then the camera pans to a skeleton casually sitting on the other side of the bench!

IMO QVC could have used that commercial on network TV and expanded it to go on to list the skin care and makeup lines someone could find on QVC. 

Maybe next year.  Smiley Wink