Respected Contributor

Julia Cearley was Excellent Last Night with Bob Mackie!

Julia is really improving her hosting skills.  She was so engaged with Bob Mackie last night, and was very entertaining.  You could tell that Bob liked her even through the phone.  She also hosted a Hammit (sp?) handbag show and was great - funny and well-prepared.  I really am enjoying her!

Honored Contributor

Re: Julia Cearley was Excellent Last Night with Bob Mackie!

What a very nice post!  I know Julia has been dragged through the coals on this board; she has had a bumpy start becoming a host.  I did not see her show with Bob Mackie, but glad to know she is still around and hopefully doing much better.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Julia is really improving her hosting skills.  She was so engaged with Bob Mackie last night, and was very entertaining.  You could tell that Bob liked her even through the phone.  She also hosted a Hammit (sp?) handbag show and was great - funny and well-prepared.  I really am enjoying her!

@stellabystarlight    Really?  To me she came across as loud and overbearing, certainly not entertaining.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I can't agree with you, Kachina, although I respect your opinion.  I did not find her loud or overbearing at all.  As far as I am concerned, she was delightful.  She is still on a learning curve, and I believe she is improving.  She has an outgoing fun personality, is self-effacing, and funny in my humble opinion.

I want to share kindness on this board as I do not believe it is easy to go before millions of viewers and sell products.  Despite a rocky start, which most of the new hosts exhibit, I believe she will be a success!

Trusted Contributor

I disagree with you.  I find her brash, crass, and self-absorbed.  She constantly makes little jokes which I guess she thinks are funny but really are inane.  I felt Bob Mackie was irritated with her.  And I couldn't care less that she is from LA.  How many times do we have to hear that nonsense????

Valued Contributor

I had an ingrown toenail cut out last year that was more entertaining. 🤣 I had never heard of this host before last night. I gave her a solid 15 minutes because I wanted to give her a chance. I found her to be loud and unpleasant.
Trusted Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
I had an ingrown toenail cut out last year that was more entertaining. 🤣 I had never heard of this host before last night. I gave her a solid 15 minutes because I wanted to give her a chance. I found her to be loud and unpleasant.

Same here.  I wanted to see Bob Mackie but that host was beyond annoying.  First time I've seen her... and the last. 

Contributor

You won't want to watch her present Barefoot Dreams! It will drive you mad 

Respected Contributor

Julia was great with Jill Martin last night and the Pikolinos shoes as well.  Just my opinion, but I really like her.  She is refreshing, real, and funny.

Trusted Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Julia was great with Jill Martin last night and the Pikolinos shoes as well.  Just my opinion, but I really like her.  She is refreshing, real, and funny.

Are you related to her?  friend?