@Foxxee wrote:

These are the ingredients:

• 1 ounce vodka
  • ▢ 1 ounce creme de cocoa
  • ▢ 2 ounces chocolate liqueur, I used Godiva
  • ▢ 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps

This isn't a Martini at all.  

@Foxxee 

No, it isn't a 'martini' at all, it's a cocktail drink recipe that's been around for years.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Julia Cearley making a peppermint espresso martini

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

These are the ingredients:

• 1 ounce vodka
  • ▢ 1 ounce creme de cocoa
  • ▢ 2 ounces chocolate liqueur, I used Godiva
  • ▢ 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps

This isn't a Martini at all.  

@Foxxee 

No, it isn't a 'martini' at all, it's a cocktail drink recipe that's been around for years.

Or espresso......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Did u all see the video of the cocktail in martini glass? It looked so good and I just love that Julia seems to have fun but as someone else when she's presenting shes focused on the product. Jane Treacy has been her mentor snd u can see shes done a great job with Julia. Shes been with the Q for 18 months now and she's flourishing. This recipe looks super easy u could make it at home
Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO - you can serve most cocktails in a martini glass - doesn't make it a martini.

Honored Contributor

Although I hesitated to jump into the martini debate, peppermint espresso martinis have been around for many years.  Martini purists may not like the diversion of the drink, but it's very common [I've had one, didn't like it].  

I do, however, like the Gingerbread Martini -- a recipe by Trisha Yearwood. It's made with ice cream.  Let the cringes begin.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO I'll alert the media

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO  - That drink sure sounds good.   It's been a long time since I've been out for a drink.  Soon as it's safe to go out again,  I'm going to order one.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Did u all see the video of the cocktail in martini glass? It looked so good and I just love that Julia seems to have fun but as someone else when she's presenting shes focused on the product. Jane Treacy has been her mentor snd u can see shes done a great job with Julia. Shes been with the Q for 18 months now and she's flourishing. This recipe looks super easy u could make it at home

No wonder Julia has so much fun if she sits around drinking these Peppermint Chocolate thingies all day.  She's probably a laugh-a-minute.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JONNYSBRO  - That drink sure sounds good.   It's been a long time since I've been out for a drink.  Soon as it's safe to go out again,  I'm going to order one.

Sounds good to me too.