Honored Contributor

Re: Julia Cearley making a jalapeño margarita

I don't think I even know who she is.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Seems as thought she is trying to eek out a niche  of air time  being new among  others who have been at QVC for eternity . I don't see how she's any different from Shawn .

For one I like to see products other than the same old same old stuff  PJ's , Pj's , Philosophy, ect and the same Hosts  for  3-4-5  hrs at a time.  .

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon 

I didn't know who she was either until I clicked on @sunshine45's facebook link above.

I wasn't impressed with her presentation style at all.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Yes she is trying to reign in the late night drinkers they seem to spend the most money

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@faeriemoon 

I didn't know who she was either until I clicked on @sunshine45's facebook link above.

I wasn't impressed with her presentation style at all.

@KingstonsMom Going to have a look...

Honored Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

Yes she is trying to reign in the late night drinkers they seem to spend the most money

@MrSour 

LOL! 'Drunk spending', kinda like 'drunk dialing' an ex, except it costs you money!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

David and many of the other Hosts sell the wines . All the shows where the Hosts are carrying glasses around to promote consumption of  wine that they sell.

Not an advocate for irresponsible consumption of any mood altering substances, but many people are responsible drinkers of  wine or cocktails . 

Honored Contributor

To be fair, "Mix It" is a marketing strategy name that belongs to QVC.  It's not something Julia made up on her own.  QVC has Julia doing these specific posts because of her background as a bartender.  

QVC also has "Serve It" where several of the hosts post under that marketing name with their own food recipes.

In fact, when Stacey Stauffer was let go by QVC, she started a new social media page on Instagram called, "Serve It With Stacey," creating lots of cooking videos.  However, she said she had to quickly change it, and now she uses "Savor It With Stacey" instead.  

Esteemed Contributor

What exactly are they trying to get viewers to buy with the cocktail videos, marketing wise?  They don't sell hard liquor. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager   QVC wants a ton of @JONNYSBRO  viewers who will stay and actually shop after watching some Mix It videos. 

The Serve It videos aren't from food sold on QVC either.  Ali Carr made homemade sugar cookies for Christmas, in a Serve It video.

Anything for social media clicks.