Honored Contributor

Re: Julia Cearley has come into her own at QVC

@San Antonio Gal    Probably because the OP has written the exact same thread several dozen times.  And they let her/him do it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I am finding the older I get I can't tolerate certain voice pitches. Julia is one of them. I just can't watch. Same with Terry Conn. I don't dislike them, I just can't listen to them

Trusted Contributor

@xryretriever wrote:

I am finding the older I get I can't tolerate certain voice pitches. Julia is one of them. I just can't watch. Same with Terry Conn. I don't dislike them, I just can't listen to them

Something like that is happening to me too.  But, I don't know if it's the pitch, I think it's more the rhythm or maybe the word is "cadence", I'm not sure. But I'm noticing that sometimes I just can't listen to a host, or newsperson, because after a short time, they drive me crazy.

There's one host on QVC that is very cute, sweet, doesn't talk TOO fast, she's kind of chirpy, there's nothing to dislike really, but after a short while, I just can't bear to listen to her.

Maybe it's just another weird age thing for me.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

@xryretriever wrote:

Something like that is happening to me too.  But, I don't know if it's the pitch, I think it's more the rhythm or maybe the word is "cadence", I'm not sure. But I'm noticing that sometimes I just can't listen to a host, or newsperson, because after a short time, they drive me crazy.

There's one host on QVC that is very cute, sweet, doesn't talk TOO fast, she's kind of chirpy, there's nothing to dislike really, but after a short while, I just can't bear to listen to her.

Maybe it's just another weird age thing for me.

@blueroses47 

I understand what your saying....something about Ali Carr's voice cadance makes it difficult for me to listen to....kinda like a "valley girl accent"......Now she always looks nice and gives good product details.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Julia has indeed come a LONG way since her debut. She required a great deal of coaching and patience, and it has paid off. I rooted for her during her fledgling days; as uncomfortable as it was sometimes watching her; and am happy that she has blossomed into a pleasantly quirky host whom I thoroughly ENJOY watching.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@xryretriever wrote:

I am finding the older I get I can't tolerate certain voice pitches Julia is one of them. I just can't watch. Same with Terry Conn. I don't dislike them, I just can't listen to them

-----------------

I agree!!  Not the only pitch but she is way too loud!!  Rachel speaks the same way.  Don't know why certain hosts feel that yelling about an item will sell the item!!

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@xryretriever wrote:

I am finding the older I get I can't tolerate certain voice pitches Julia is one of them. I just can't watch. Same with Terry Conn. I don't dislike them, I just can't listen to them

-----------------

I agree!!  Not the only pitch but she is way too loud!!  Rachel speaks the same way.  Don't know why certain hosts feel that yelling about an item will sell the item!!

@coritaBingo........you nailed it with Rachel.  Her LOUD voice just grinds on me......can't watch her.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to say nice thing about our hosts: she's not the worst.

Super Contributor

If she's on, I don't watch.
Regular Contributor

Her own what???