Honored Contributor

Re: Julia Cearley and Alberti are BFFS

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@NickNack   Alberti used to be a Pop singer in a different country in his younger days.  You can see a lot of his music videos on Youtube. 

@CoffeeNut  Thank you!  That's interesting.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

These 2 hosts compliment each other, Alberti the giggling, gasping child-like host, then Julia who needs a script for her hosting..they also suit each other well since both are former celebrities...

@ScarletDove  I'm curious about how they were both former celebrities.  I know Julia was a mixologist(?), but I'm not sure what Alberti did prior to QVC.

@NickNack 

julia cearley has done some acting and stage work, plus she had been with ESPN for a while before she came to QVC.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thank you @sunshine45 .  I had no idea about either of those things with Julia Cearlely.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Alberti ingraciates himself with people to get ahead.   He is a master manipulator.   He never met anyone he could not use as a friend.   When I was younger we had a name for that, besides phony.  

Valued Contributor

Who is Bruce?

Esteemed Contributor

They both have acting credits and Alberti definitely was an Albanian pop singer, but calling them "celebrities" is really stretching it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least half of the hosts on QVC have acting or news show credits.  I count 13 hosts that I've seen or heard mention their past work on their resume.  It's one of the background factors QVC likes to see when considering host employment.  It means that person should already be used to being on air and selling a certain image of themselves.

Celebrity? No. Good for sales, yes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

These 2 hosts compliment each other, Alberti the giggling, gasping child-like host, then Julia who needs a script for her hosting..they also suit each other well since both are former celebrities...

@ScarletDove 

I laughed when I read the celebrity comment. I have never heard of either one of them before they started hosting on the Q. 

@icezeus @NickNack    "Julia Cearley is known for her work on Once Fallen (2010), Cry Wolfe (2014) and What Remains (2013)...."

"Alberti is also a pop star. His most popular single was Write to my email. The single won the best male video award at the 2006 Video Fest Awards in Prishtina, Kosova. 

On one stint in Albania as a teenager, he was offered modeling work. The success of that work led to Alberti starting a career as a singer/pop star...."

After returning permanently to the US in 2007, he began pursuing an acting career. He has appeared in the following movies:Them (2007), Rush Hour 3 (2007), Still Lives (2007), Gratitude (2011), Susanna (2013). Popaj also appeared in Sonic Burger commercials from 2008 to 2010..." "... Popaj has homes in both Los Angeles and Palm Springs as well as Westchester, PA...."

All this info available online in bios....

Alberti's popstar and modeling has been talked about on air, and someone mentioned Julia being a former actress but she talks about being a mixologist.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove 

Thank you for answering. I had no idea. The only thing that I knew about Julia was that she was a Mixologist, and I believe I had heard that Alberti was a brand ambassador before he became a QVC host. 

I hear more about Rick D, being on a soap opera and a few "B" movies. LOL

Honored Contributor

Yes I knew Alberti was a singer. He is one of my favorite hosts. Always happy and explains things well. My opinion.