Super Contributor

What happened to Joy Mangano and her merchandise?  None show on the site?

Honored Contributor

She either left, or was dropped.   Her items can be found elsewhere (in B&M stores).   Google for more info.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

She disappeared when Qurate bought HSN.  She sells her stuff on her own website now.

Esteemed Contributor
Qurate shut down Joy's Ingenious Design company, wholly owned by HSN, around this time last year. They clearanced much of her inventory over the year.
Contributor

HSN Announces Joy Mangano Departing to Pursue Other Professional Opportunities
| 12/21/2018
St. Petersburg, FL (Dec. 20, 2018) – HSN announced today that after nearly two decades with the company, inventor, designer, entrepreneur and HSN team member, Joy Mangano, will be leaving HSN to pursue other professional opportunities.

“We and our customers are enormously grateful for all that Joy has done for our shopping community,” said Mike Fitzharris, President, HSN. “She has been an important part of the family for many years, and her creativity has influenced us all. We thank her for her contributions.”

Over the years, Mangano has delighted HSN customers with a steady stream of innovative products, such as her record-setting Huggable Hangers (more than 800 million units sold via HSN platforms), her My Little Steamer, SHADES Readers, Forever Fragrant line of cleaners and fresheners, Ultimate Closet line of organizers, and her collaborations with IMAN and Ming Tsai. Mangano launched her first invention, the Miracle Mop, on QVC in 1992 and continued with QVC until HSN acquired Mangano’s company, Ingenious Designs, Inc., in 1999.

“Joy may be leaving, but our customers will be able to continue to shop Huggable Hangers, My Little Steamer and many of the great products she has presented on HSN over the years,” said Fitzharris. “And at the same time, customers will continue to see other fresh, innovative brands come to HSN as we add to our product assortments and create engaging new customer experiences.”

Fitzharris added that HSN has launched more than 100 brands over the past year, including new brands, propriety brands, crossover brands from QVC, and brands that HSN had worked with in the past. “We are incredibly encouraged by our customer response to our new offerings and look forward to bringing more for her to shop and enjoy in 2019,” he said.

In October, Qurate Retail Group, announced a series of initiatives designed to restore HSN to growth by focusing the business on offering more diverse products, enhancing the on-air presentations, driving digital growth, and improving the customer experience. These initiatives included the consolidation of the HSN and QVC US buying teams into one organization, with the goal of increased speed to market with the best brands, products, ideas and entrepreneurs; optimized product assortments to maximize customer choice; a more aggressive pursuit of “white space” opportunities; and better alignment with product suppliers.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info

Valued Contributor

WHO ???

Honored Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

WHO ???

You know - they made a movie about her - called "Joy," strangely enough - a few years ago.  It was a comedy-drama.

Esteemed Contributor
Joy was great. I miss her. I bought a pallet of her cleanser when they clearanced it. The one people had conniption fits about.
Valued Contributor

thank you I'm well aware just not a fan. Not missed