Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt   Is it Jenn Coffey and her dream tennis bracelet who also goes into a 10 minute self-exploration spiel before each presentation? Perhaps these hosts need to "find themselves" on their own time. 

@Shanus 

ITA!!! 👍

They can share their story with Dr. Phil....instead of QVC.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   😜

Respected Contributor

I put this in the same category as vision boards.....definitely not my thing, and no incentive for me to buy.  More of a turn-off, and LESS likely to watch and/or purchase anything.

Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt   Is it Jenn Coffey and her dream tennis bracelet who also goes into a 10 minute self-exploration spiel before each presentation? Perhaps these hosts need to "find themselves" on their own time. 

Yes it is...And how she was overweight and lost the weight... Leah lost a lot of weight but she does not tell us constantly or even mentions it..

Honored Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Yes it is...And how she was overweight and lost the weight... Leah lost a lot of weight but she does not tell us constantly or even mentions it..

@queen75   Do you remember back in the day SK with her wide silver band ring? I think she was the first of the attempted "tear jerkers".

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Journey of Self-Love

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

While I am all for personal introspection, I'd rather hosts not share so much with customers.  Go to a therapist and share, but to do so on TV, is not something I want to sit around for.  

And, this coming from someone who has done years of therapy for a variety of reasons.

I don't watch the show, but when it was previously discussed on the boards, I found it a rather an odd turn in the road for a shopping channel.

I just chalked it up to the oversharing that goes on in today's "social media."  It's all too much for me, but I'm a dinosaur in that way.   

Nevertheless, it's their airtime, so if it sells, I suppose they will consider it a success.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@rms1954 

While I am all for personal introspection, I'd rather hosts not share so much with customers.  Go to a therapist and share, but to do so on TV, is not something I want to sit around for.  

And, this coming from someone who has done years of therapy for a variety of reasons.

I don't watch the show, but when it was previously discussed on the boards, I found it a rather an odd turn in the road for a shopping channel.

I just chalked it up to the oversharing that goes on in today's "social media."  It's all too much for me, but I'm a dinosaur in that way.   

Nevertheless, it's their airtime, so if it sells, I suppose they will consider it a success.

@Witchy Woman 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75   Do you remember back in the day SK with her wide silver band ring? I think she was the first of the attempted "tear jerkers".

@Shanus  I had forgotten that one...

Honored Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@queen75 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  I had forgotten that one...

@queen75   I hadn't thought about it in years...forgot about it, too until reading all this. 

Trusted Contributor

I  think what's interesting is how a week or two ago someone posted about how JC 's  dream was finally coming true and how mostly everyone wrote how they didn't care for her being a host.

Now this, I guess she doesn't read this form.